Skink id

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

junglelover01

Reaction score
Can anyone id this for certain? I'm thinking golden water skink as its in townsville...but I'm no expert, so I'd be interested in knowing for sure.
ymume4ev.jpg
and just for fun, here's a cute little excitable Delma I rescued from under a boot heel, as he was mistaken for a baby brown! Haha

looks like a golden water, almost positive
as for the delma I'm not sure

Doesn't really look like a golden water skink as it looks more heavily patterned and wider but that could be just the pic? but I'm afraid I'm not sure on QLD skinks. Nice save of a stunning little delma. Looks happy to be alive

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry just looked them up and some do show a large amount of pattern on the back. He's a very stunning specimen if that's what he is!

It's Eulamprus brachysoma based on pattern. E. quoyii (Golden water skink) have obvious golden dorso-lateral lines which this one is lacking.

the skink is some sort of eulamprus and that delma tincta is stunning (i found 1 yesterday)

Cheers guys...I did let him go after the quick photo shoot(that photo was taken a few weeks ago, I only just remembered I took it) he/she now visits the downstairs laundry almost on a daily basis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back