Everybody loves browns, right?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pseudo

Not so new Member
Banned
Reaction score
Thought I'd throw up a few photos of some of the Eastern Brown Snakes (Pseudonaja textilis) that I've come across in the last year or so. Some of the pics have probably been seen before, but oh well. I really wish I'd put in the effort to photograph a lot more of them.

Wow Matt those are some amazing photos, Lost for words mate. I love the variety you've captured, and I love the defensive poses you've caught, love the detail, love the clarity, love pretty much everything. here are some pic of the browns I've seen but they are no where near as good as yours.

Eastern Brown Snake(Pseudonaja textilis) by Melbourne herping, on Flickr

Last edited:
Stunning pics pseudo. Amazing clarity. The variation between textys is stunning and you captured it really well.
Love the tummies haha. I've always liked their bellies. Very comical for such an aggressive looking snake with the jaw open.

loving pics 3, 9 and 10. Actually they're all fantastic.

I must admit I dont like browns
One of my least favourite slitherers
I can appreciate them
I can move them whenever thats required
I can love the way they can coexist hidden amongst humans for long periods of time, quite successfully in many instances

Death Adders and Browns are definitely not on my preferred list

VERY good shots by the way

Superb photography! Very impressive. Spectacular colouration and markings on those snakes. I find EB's quite awe inspiring. Most other Aussie snakes inspire my awe at their beauty, but the EB inspires awe at their attitude and presence.

They scare the bejesus out of me but I still think they're beautiful.

mr textilis is defiantly one of my top favourites,i dont know how you could like snakes and not like them

Eastern browns....all too common here.....gotta love it :D

great pics guys!!!

I love the variation in colouring! My completely limited elapid knowledge had me ignorant of such a wide range. Is it a locale or seasonal thing?

I love the variation in colouring! My completely limited elapid knowledge had me ignorant of such a wide range. Is it a locale or seasonal thing?

They are just a VERY variable species, a red one can be found metres from a black one. It's part of the reason I like them so much!

I don't know why snake lovers couldn't like them, they are a very misunderstood species!

Gotta love em, cause thats all we have here !!!
Nice pics btw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back