Hey I'm a newie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bekmojo13

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to being on here and a newbie to having a snake I'm am slightly (extremely) scared of snakes but fell in love with mojo (Murray darling) is there any tips on how I can get used to him and don't hit the roof when he comes near me.? He is extremely quite and has never bitten or struck out at anyone..

You've pretty much said it just there.. He's never bitten or struck at anyone. You just need to keep that in mind when you handle him lol. How old is Mojo?

It'll just take some time, but as long as you're keen to get over your fear of him, you'll get there. For the time being, just take things slow, spend some time watching him cruise around, maybe start by removing him from the enclosure with a snake hook (gently) and eventually let him wander up onto your arm.

You do have to be aware though, when you take on the responsibility of keeping snakes, at some point or anther you MAY get tagged (bitten). You'll have to learn to read when your snake wants to be left alone.

Good luck! Any pictures of your new friend?

x

welcome aboard. Ahh any tips!? They sense fear hahah JOKES I don't want to scare you. Just remain calm don't handle when you are feeling jumpy yourself. Keep your cool and like Skippii said just take it slow. Welcome to the family though!!

Don't be scared of him. His bite won't be anywhere near as bad as you think.

Welcome.... got any pics?
Make sure you handle mojo daily so he becomes use to you..

I do have lots of pic but not sure how to upload them fromm IPhone :( I have only had him since last Tuesday

If your MD has not striked or bite anyone no need to be scared thats good for you just stroke it behind the head and neck area if its not jumpy pick it up enjoy your new pet and welcome

I pat down his body but as I do he moves away :/ and when I pick him up he moves really fast but when my partner picks him up he is calm and goes straight up him arm? Also he likes to sit around our neck is ok to let him do this or should we not let him ??

Go in with the mindset of you're going to let him bite you, half the fear lies within the fear of a bite. In all honesty it will not hurt. It seems you have a very calm snake by the sound of it so on top of that no need to worry.

imagejpeg

- - - Updated - - -

Follow this link this is mojo

https://m.facebook.com/?refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2F&_rdr#!/photo.php?fbid=10151431521276042&id=598871041&set=a.309169321041.181053.598871041&__user=598871041

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back