Which is the better snake ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric_john_said

Reaction score
Albino Darwin or a green tree python ?
better on temperament , and personality what one would you prefer ?

I thing most peoples dream snake is a green tree python. But they are also harder to keep and I have heard they are a bit snappier. plus green tree's look a little cooler IMO. paradox albino darwin is a different story hahah.

Albino, just my opinion.

GTP's are beautiful to look at, but I don't think they are as nice to handle as the Albino', and with the GTP, much more to look after in terms of habitat and husbandry.

There are always exceptions to the rule but An Albino Darwin should be better to handle, a GTP is in my opinion more of a display animal. The Husbandry of a Darwin will also be easier to get right and maintain. At the end of the day it all depends what you want from snake ownership. One final point if it does concern you, a decent bite from a GTP hurts. You need to think hard about your circumstances, for example do you go away for several days?, these situations are more crucial if you own a GTP. Its similar to when you keep marine fish as opposed to freshwater, it takes that little bit more thought if you decide to go away for the weekend etc.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Kindest regards

Endeavour

My preferred would be an albino. As amazing as GTP's are, I heard there a lot harder to look after. Albinos are just an amazing creature.

An albino darwin is the same as any other carpet, you can hook them out if they're snappy, don't have to worry about humidity (usually) ect. Chondros on the other hand, if they're a snappy snake, good luck getting them off their perch easily, and even for placid snakes, it's still hard and can be stressful for them to be removed from the perch, you also have to keep up with husbandry a little more and watch how much you feed them ect ect, but I think they're much better looking than the albinos.

As far as i know GTP are cool to look at but highly strung and dont take well to handling, though there are notable exceptions out there. i think they are fascinating snakes and i love how they change colour as they grow. But if it was my choice i would take the darwin. albinos are beautiful and most have a good temperament.

I have two gtps my male aliitle nervous (never bitten) but my female never stays in her enclosure one of my kids have her, thank goodness schools back!
i believe as long as your careful they will take the handling never force them off thier perch But are a great display animal a little harder to maintain humidity but once you have that sorted they are unlike any other snakes. My non snake friends are accepting of them.

Could you say GTP's are like Jag's in a way? Do they get stressed and then go weird? And we can't decide what to get but just add opinions haha. GTP's I reckon are awesome but I have only seen a couple in flesh whereas I have seen a lot of albinos. It will soon be the same with GTP's getting on the market.

GTP would be my pick for the small adult size and extremely arboreal, not so much for the temperament but if you're getting a snake to cuddle up to i dont know what to tell you ..

Its hard to compare jags to Gtps they all have there own personality as I said in my last post my male is nervous or weird but never bitten and my girl loves attention!

Its hard to compare jags to Gtps they all have there own personality as I said in my last post my male is nervous or weird but never bitten and my girl loves attention!

I dont know where you got Jags from..lol..From owning both the Albino and GTP my personal preference is GTP without a doubt..Dont get me wrong Albinos are good in there own way...

Suppose it is hard to compare LOL. Thanks for the response though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back