Reptile related things to do on the Gold Coast

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I second what joelysmoley said, that place is amazing :D

They've got a pretty decent reptile house, it has two levels. They also have a huge saltie there and lots of freshies, and there are water dragons that just run around. I did work experience there and when I was on my break I would just stand around watching the scrubbies do nothing haha. It's worth the visit

Also maybe check out David Fleays Wildlife Park, which is also near Currumbin

It's about an hour away from Surfers, but if you can manage it, head out to the Scales & Tails Reptile Outlet at Oxley. Paul Bluey's aquariums (next door) is worth a look, too.

It's about an hour away from Surfers, but if you can manage it, head out to the Scales & Tails Reptile Outlet at Oxley. Paul Bluey's aquariums (next door) is worth a look, too.
Id say just seeing paul is an experience ;)
+ one to currumbin w/s

As said there curumbin sanctuary is deffinently worth a look. When you see the saltie you will know why his name is holey.
Also there is Lukes reptile kingdom at the carrara markets. He has a good little show and is good to talk to.
Cheers Cameron.

Go herping....

Australia Zoo.. its a decent drive from Surfers though ( 2 hours ish)., but everyone should go once :)

Yeah ive done heaps of courses there like rehabilitation ones and reptile ones, and its a great place too, friendly staff and volunteers

Go herping....

Australia Zoo.. its a decent drive from Surfers though ( 2 hours ish)., but everyone should go once :)
+1 with Australia zoo. It's great too see how the Irwin family keep the place going. It's amazing!

LUKE'S REPTILE KINGDOM at carrara markets you can get photos with large snakes, baby crocs, monitors and dragons for only $10 :) with a great show... can any one guess where i work? ;)

Last edited:
Where you used to work if you keep forgetting the 'S

where i will work, once i have recovered from my broken back? i highly recommend a visit :)

No currumbin wildlife sanctuary is not an hour from surfer
Probably only 20 minutes drive even in bad traffic
Having grown up on the gold coast for 18 years I would say go there as its the best place on the gold coast to see a variety of reptiles aswell as a number of other native animals
Definatly worth your time unless things have changed

If you do go bushwalking, check with parks as alot of the tracks are closed due to fallen trees... I was up there yesterday.

Just went to Luke's reptile kingdom, awesome, love those jungles with those big black eyes.
Still really want to see a bredli or Diamond hopefully see one somewhere else.

ebaduhu2.jpg

Anyone have any idea about this place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back