New reptile enclosure and backgrounds for my woma's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're so much nicer than plain white enclosures.
Good job. You should be proud of yourself :)

great job...even better cos you did 3 of them most people struggle to get 1 done lol so yeah nice work and lets see some pics of occupants in there hey....

Wow :shock: Those are awesome, I applaud your awesome work and your womas are gonna love it in there!!!!

yes these were all done myself over a week, it took around 12 hours to finish building the enclosure and fitting lights etc and then 4 whole ays to make backgrounds. They were made with polystrene sheets rendered with a few layers then clear coated with pva glue. The colour was done by adding the coloured cement additive you buy from bunnings as i found to buy paint was going to cost alot. I built in hides like termite mounds (tried too look like mounds haha) the top of the hides are removable for cleaning and the whole hides are removable from the rest of enclosure. This was a very messy job altogether haha but ended up looking good and is very strong. Thanks for you comments was well worth the time it took.

Attachments

• womacage.jpg
    womacage.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 186
  • womacage1.jpg
    womacage1.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
I'm curious about that too Darwin, I just bought some plants from K-Mart that are set in styrene in flower pots which I plan to pull apart and redo into my enclosure.

Im going for the desert theme but struggling to find some realistic looking desert cheap fake stuff. sorry to hijack thread.

I just go to all the cheap stores (Mainly Cheap as Chips) They have some great looking plants :D I always go there hee hee

View attachment 280279View attachment 280281View attachment 280283i got the plants from a small shop on the Gold coast called madison home. The small plants were around $5 each cheaper then pet shops and what i found online. These are photos of the female woma in her new enclosure. plus a photo of the male and another female outside.

Nice. I paid $15 for each of the K-mart ones, one of them reminds me of spinifex and they had little succulants/cacti so they might work for the desert theme.

Sharky I tried all the bargain shops here and in Armidale and came out with squat! :(

BTW Bingera your attachments failed so no woma pics.

View attachment 280378

- - - Updated - - -

they pics dont seem to be uploading properly. They are all in my album now. i seen the kmart ones and they looked good, i only seen them after i had set my other ones in haha.

Last edited:
Great looking snakes. They look very at home... :D

thanks :D they seem to like it so far. got to say it def stands out in the house with the new backgrounds.

Amazing job. I'm about to start my 2nd rockwall (was not happy with my first one, keeping it but need another for top enclosure). Just wondering, to make those pillar kind of things, did you just stack Styrofoam on top of each other? Or was it just a big bit and you carved it like that. In the grey enclosure I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back