Heating frozen rodents

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive always put the rodent in a zip lock bag and then filled the bag direct with water. I generally just pat dry a little to save making too much of a mess, but alway offer while still wet.... they all love it! :D

Thanks for all the input. Interesting to see that I don't differ from the masses in this.

I just put some paper towel on a heat mat then turn them over about a hour later to warm up both sides. I have yet to experience a drama

I have never heard the words python and scavenger together before...

I've seen a video, where the host mentions just that.
I can't remember well, it was either David Attenborough, Steve Irwin, Steve Backshall or Rob Bredl, (my son watches them frequently).

It was mentioned, pythons sometimes resort to road kill near the side of road, perhaps it was a BHP? I can't remember well. I was surprised!:shock:

:)

I put the rats in a chinese container and fill it to the brim with hot tap water, Put the lid on and then dry them roughly with a tea towel. No issues and giving the rodents a little soak for a while helps with hydration

Thaw naturally, (have tried other ways but I don't see any benefits)
Warm them up in the hand or under the arm.

Although this one has been done to death last week I will say again.............I never have and never will feed out of the enclosure. Why would I?

I put my rodents on top of my set top box on paper towel takes about 1/2 hour to thaw but my pythons take bugger all time to grab them.

Um.... thanks for reviving an old thread lol, but I'm happy with my method and will stick to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back