Death Adder Enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean51

Reaction score
Hi all I was just wondering if anyone here has death adders set up in an enclosure for display? and if so would you be able to post pics?

Thanks Sean

If you get a chance and are able to get there, the Reptile Zoo in Canberra has vens on display (as well as lizards/gecko's/pythons/croc) - be good for a look at some snakes as well as their setups. (love their Boa....She just sits in a branch in the middle of the room....).

Robert

Mine are in tubs with breeders choice...

I thought that would be how most are kept.... But was hoping someone would have a display set up as i am trying to get some ideas.

The key to Elapid enclosures is simplicity. Easy to service and no clutter equal safe husbandry.

The key to Elapid enclosures is simplicity. Easy to service and no clutter equal safe husbandry.

Thanks and thats why im trying to get some pics if anyone has on them display to see different techniques of simplicity yet looks good

Adders tend to hide a lot. Tub and breeders choice for me too.

67713_10151261411172770_490353626_n.jpg

substrate is coco peat with a light sprinkle of straw and a few dried bracken fern fronds as cover

Yup ive had experience with adders and all have been kept in plastic tubs like you said and hiding all the time. But this enclosure is gonna be in one of the main rooms of the house or my bedroom so i want it to be pleasing to the eye so to speak hahaha

Thanks kracken looks good

There have been a lot of threads on ven enclosure set ups. I don't know why but it seems to be impossible to get pics of display enclosures. Maybe display enclosures for vens in the home are rare or maybe they just don't like to share photos. I'd also love to see peoples enclosures but i'm not feeling confident that we will see many, if any at all.

There have been a lot of threads on ven enclosure set ups. I don't know why but it seems to be impossible to get pics of display enclosures. Maybe display enclosures for vens in the home are rare or maybe they just don't like to share photos. I'd also love to see peoples enclosures but i'm not feeling confident that we will see many, if any at all.

yup it certainly is seeming that way at the moment... but i think its more because the general set up for em is some bedding and a hide so no need to really post photos of that

yup it certainly is seeming that way at the moment... but i think its more because the general set up for em is some bedding and a hide so no need to really post photos of that

Yeah you're probably right. Come on people, surely a few of you have set up nice display enclosures for your elapids?!

Yup ive had experience with adders and all have been kept in plastic tubs like you said and hiding all the time. But this enclosure is gonna be in one of the main rooms of the house or my bedroom so i want it to be pleasing to the eye so to speak hahaha

Thanks kracken looks good
hey mate not sure what state you are in but in vic you first have to 18 to keep vens, and secondly vens have to be kept in a locked enclosure in a locked room, not sitting in the lounge room or bedroom. well thats what i've been told when i was enquiring about setting up

hey mate not sure what state you are in but in vic you first have to 18 to keep vens, and secondly vens have to be kept in a locked enclosure in a locked room, not sitting in the lounge room or bedroom. well thats what i've been told when i was enquiring about setting up

hey bigbang

im in nsw and i turn 18 in 9 days and my bedroom is lockable and all enclosures i have are lockable except my rack sytem. but was planning to get it on my dads licence :lol: and if i really have to i have a lockable room i used to kep all my herps in

Last edited:
Those with adders r they fed in their tubs or placed elsewhere (hook them out) as I'd be assuming if they were fed in their tubs anytime u opened the lid they would be like....."bang", food on offer.

Get my book there is some display encs in there

its not a bad book for people getting into elapids either as info can be hard to come across for people starting out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back