Where should u fed your sake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tavis81

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi there can anyone tell me is it alright to fed your snakes in there cage as i have had snake for years now but always fed my snake in a tub ,whould they get cage defensive from feeding them in there cage
i have bredli

It doesn't make any difference. Do whatever is most convenient for you. Some people like tub feeding because they clean out enclosures while the snakes are eating or maybe because they use a loose substrate but it makes no difference to temperament

mine r fed in enclosure and r fine...Bredli and Jungle...i hook if they staring at me lol

Always fed my gtps in their clickclacks a d enclosures. Olive, bhp the same. Never had a problem handling. Got tagged once by the bhp cause I reentered my hand just after food. My fault completely

i hook if they staring at me lol

Scaredy cat ;) lol

I feed my snake in her enclosure with no issues, no aggression at all, no association with food when/if i slide the glass doors open. The only time she will go into a feeding response is when she see's the mouse in front of her (or smells it) even when i put my hand straight in her enclosure after feeding theres no aggression. :)

I feed my Bredli in his enclosure. He doesn't really associate the door opening=food. He appears to be more curious as to why the door is opening... I can change his water with him watching from 10cm or so away no drama.
Only time he realises there's food is if it's in his face and he can smell it. In saying that I accidentally dropped the rat one and he was staring at my hand like it was a meal... never ripped my hand out so fast. No bites yet, but I've only had him 3-4months...

I feed some in there enclosure, some of my other pythons are fed in click clacks because they are breeders I house together. None of mine are aggressive
It is easier to keep track of them this way too.
Even when they go in/out of the click clacks there arnt aggressive. I use them while I clean enclosures aswel as feeding

i feed all mine in there enclosure, the only time i would take it out to feed if i had loose substrate eg. newspaper pellets,aspen.
my jungle choked once when i fed it on newspaper pellets i had to get tweezers and pull some out then he pooped a block of paper pellets lol

I feed mine out of the enclosure, mostly because i use a loose substrate and it's a good opportunity to give the enclosure a bit of a clean. It works for me, never had aggression issues or anything.

I don't think it matters either way, you should do what feels best for you.

I think the majority of people only feed out of enclosure if theyre worried about the snake eating substrate with the meal. In my opinion the whole "feeding in enclosure encourages cage aggressiveness" is ridiculous. A snake can tell the difference between a hand picking it up and a rat bouncing in front of its face.
You shouldnt have any problems with feeding in the enclosure.

Scaredy cat ;) lol

I feed my snake in her enclosure with no issues, no aggression at all, no association with food when/if i slide the glass doors open. The only time she will go into a feeding response is when she see's the mouse in front of her (or smells it) even when i put my hand straight in her enclosure after feeding theres no aggression. :)
OI!!! when a flighty jungle stares at u with 2 coils in its neck..u use a hook...once out he's a pussy.........but feel free to pop round and c how ya go getting him out...lol....saying that i usualy use the hook to get rid of the bitey end so i can grab him ............Grrrrrrrr Spotted owners!!!!!!!!!!

..............Someone PLZ tell me y the hell u need to get yur snake out to feed it.....Got me Buggered...........All i c is my 2 big carpets saying "i guna bite ya cause yur didnt feed me enough" when i go to put them back!!!!!!
whistling2.gif
whistling2.gif
lol.gif

OI!!! when a flighty jungle stares at u with 2 coils in its neck..u use a hook...once out he's a pussy.........but feel free to pop round and c how ya go getting him out...lol....saying that i usualy use the hook to get rid of the bitey end so i can grab him ............Grrrrrrrr Spotted owners!!!!!!!!!!

I actually want to be bitten by a large carpet just so i know what it feels like and to prepare myself, if it hurts then i'll definatly make sure i give them no reason to bite (or use a hook as in ur case), but if it dont hurt then i wont be quite as scared to handle the bitey end if i had to.

I may only be a spotted owner but ive been bitten by some pretty ouchy things haha

I actually want to be bitten by a large carpet just so i know what it feels like and to prepare myself, if it hurts then i'll definatly make sure i give them no reason to bite (or use a hook as in ur case), but if it dont hurt then i wont be quite as scared to handle the bitey end if i had to.

I may only be a spotted owner but ive been bitten by some pretty ouchy things haha
The bites dont hurt!!!! they just make u jump out ya skin and make a bloody mess........i had 2 lurchers in the UK (1 3/4 wippet and the other 3/4 greyhound....rabbit dogs....)...well the greyhound lurcher hung itself upside down on barb wired fence and when i went to release it ...it gave me a bite ...first dog to bite me....its K9 went straight though my Plam and out other side...it was a hospital job....snakes dont bite...and angry upset dog DOES!!!!!!!
bash.gif

The bites dont hurt!!!! they just make u jump out ya skin and make a bloody mess........i had 2 lurchers in the UK (1 3/4 wippet and the other 3/4 greyhound....rabbit dogs....)...well the greyhound lurcher hung itself upside down on barb wired fence and when i went to release it ...it gave me a bite ...first dog to bite me....its K9 went straight though my Plam and out other side...it was a hospital job....snakes dont bite...and angry upset dog DOES!!!!!!!
bash.gif

Ouch, ive never had anything that serious (never even been to the hospital for an injury, not even stiches lol) that must have hurt ALOT.

ps- sorry about the subject change....again :rolleyes:

Ouch, ive never had anything that serious (never even been to the hospital for an injury, not even stiches lol) that must have hurt ALOT.

ps- sorry about the subject change....again :rolleyes:
Ohhhhhhh had a warning have we??????????? join the gang
lol.gif

I usually feed my snakes in the mouth. lol

Always in their enclosure to avoid the stress of handling after a feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back