Transferring reptiles across states

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jen

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I am getting out of reptiles and want to transfer my Imbricata from WA to my sister in NSW. I have tried reading the info on the net, but it is so convoluted, can anyone tell me in plain english exactly what I need to do? Also I want to get rid of my geckos, I know I can;t just sell them but need to go though someone here in WA, can someone explain that to me as well please?

Jen, doesn't your sister just need to fill out an import/export form??
Then there is this payment to C.A.L.M.
Pilbara pythons do it all the time, he should be able to help you.

Nsw will have a animal transfer form to fill out or email the deccw for one for your sister and yours should have a movement advice

Pilbara Pythons has a dealers license and to the best of my knowledge any transfer of ownership will have to go through a dealer in WA.
Considering a small number of them are charging through the roof for standard transfers I bet many will be reluctant to do interstate transfers.
Best bet would be to ring DEC and see if they will grant the permit without dealers involvement.

All disposals must be done through a dealer. There is no way around it. The dealer must also organise the export permit which is also $180. The permit is only valid on that day too I believe. It's a huge pain and because of this you will be lucky to find a dealer to do it, it's a bucketload of time and paperwork and if they aren't makin money off the reptile sale they won't do it. Try sell it in WA to someone and the transfer will cost you $50 from a dealer.

OMG what a pain in the neck.....so if you move to another state , you have to say goodbye to your beloved reptiles...that sux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back