Interesting hatchling woma!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rockett85

Not so new Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine had a clutch of womas hatch out the other day and 2 of the hatchlings were quite differnt to the rest of their clutch. They almost look as though they are axanthic and were hatched from normal looking parents. It still holds a tiny tiny bit of yellow on the head and has an all white belly and holds no other colour except for black and white. Time will tell what its colours will do but just thought i would post this to see if anyone has any thoughts on the axanthic theory or has anyone seen this before as neither of us have. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Attachments

• IMG_8676.jpg
    IMG_8676.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 526
  • IMG_8681.jpg
    IMG_8681.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 524
  • IMG_8682 (1).jpg
    IMG_8682 (1).jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 543
  • IMG_8683.jpg
    IMG_8683.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 469
Last edited:
Definitely not axanthic, since it has a yellow head. Could be Anerythristic, time wil tell I guess. Interesting animal nonetheless.

Never heard of any Anerythristic womas out there or axanthic for that matter so this could be very interesting down the track as it grows and is bred to see what its mode of inheritence is!!!

congrats and hopefully this does prove to be an inheritable trait , womas need a morph that really stands out bhps have them so why not womas

I hatched one similar to this last season. Prodominatley black and white with a yellow head. I'll try dig up some photos.Mines head is still fully yellow though, just the body is a nice white and black.

tn_Keepkeep.jpg
Here she is with one of her siblings after first slough.

I thought the Uluru locale tend to have the more black and white bandings.

@No-Two - did u have any hatchies/juvis of that darker colouring coming up for sale??

Cheers mate.

yeah that is very similar indeed. Did the head on yours have as much white on it or was it predominately yellow. Under its jaw is completely white and runs like that all the way to the tip of its tail. Either way its very interesting looking forward to seeing it grow!!

No-two , ive got one from sara sabian on here with a nice whitish / pale background like that , sara also has a nice hold back thats held the white well , same thing though yellow / orange head

Attachments

• IMG_8551.jpg
    IMG_8551.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_8553.jpg
    IMG_8553.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 181
Mine has a dark head (big eybrows and dark nose). It's not a bright orange you'd expect like its siblings, I can't say I know what it's chin looks like. It's fairly big now and looks great. One day I'll take some new photos. None for sale this season, only did one clutch of topaz womas might do the WAs this season otherwise next (don't have the parents anymore kept the babies and growing them up).

I guess what's different and curious about them is they're from high coloured parents (the majority were like the yellow baby pictured, only one white like this).

That is an awesome hatchling! hope it breeds some interesting womas in the future :)

When the woma that thomassss posted hatched she was also pale b&w like that.

I hatched out 3 in that clutch that were noticeably b&w

Here you can see the light/pink head in the foreground (the blurry one):

037-1.png

The same hatchy after a few sheds:

and female from the clutch:

after a few sheds:

and now as a yearling:

As you can see the yellow colour comes in around the face after a couple of sheds. I've held back the 2 hatchies (now yearlings) above and I'm hoping to pair them in a few seasons. I don't know that the lack of yellow is anything special but mine seem to be holding onto the colour, I guess I'll have to wait and see when this pair are adults. Mine are tanami locale, what locale are your mates?

Best of luck to your friend with them, they have some nice banding.

I have to take some photos of this pair while I'm holding them to show how bright white they truly are, they glow.

no-two, I'd love to see some photos of how yours turned out if you get the time.

Last edited:
Just gorgeous! I also think the lighter colour is really lovely. Funny how so many snakes are just popping out with unusual colours these days; we are lucky to see some really beautiful variations :)

any update , have they started to colour up in the head anymore , sara sent me a pic of what we think is my girl out of the egg and she looked pretty much the same maybe a bit less orange , now shes got a full orange head but with big dark eye brows and black nose thats her in my avatar

Stunning Woma's, will be interesting to the lighter axanthic looking animal with a yellow head, mature.

thomasssss - I love your female/avatar and always have, such a beautiful looking snake.

Not trying to hijack this thread but it seemed relevant, I have some updated pics of my two b&w's

The female has had a massive growth spurt and a couple of sheds. Still nice and pale, I'm dreading seeing a brown wash come in on her, so far she's holding on to the bright background colour (I adore her!)

And the male:

He has some brown wash coming through but I always expected that he would. I had these guys out in the sun the other day and noticed that they have a greenish kind of tint to them, curious to see if anyone else noticed this in their animals. Their heads in particular seem greenish in person.

Any update on the OP's hatchies?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back