Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the whole eating you in your sleep comes from too many scary stories as a child. I have a brother that refuses to have his feet uncovered when he goes to bed just in case there's a monster or the boogie man, this is the same brother that still checks the back seat of his car before he gets in... You have a lot of explaining to do Sir Alfred Hitchcock... hahah

The one I get alot is "Is that tank big enough? Oh of course, they only grow as big as the tank they're in hey?" :facepalm: of course, I mean put an anaconda in a shoe box it won't grow up to be an anconda, right? Haha

Another is "will you keep them when you have kids?" I really hate that one, there have been more dog attacks and cats sleeping on babies heads then there have been toddlers eaten by pythons, :rolleyes:

The one I get alot is "Is that tank big enough? Oh of course, they only grow as big as the tank they're in hey?" :facepalm: of course, I mean put an anaconda in a shoe box it won't grow up to be an anconda, right? Haha

Another is "will you keep them when you have kids?" I really hate that one, there have been more dog attacks and cats sleeping on babies heads then there have been toddlers eaten by pythons, :rolleyes:

Pfffft my kids love the snakes, they actually show more interest in the reptiles than they do our legged family members.

Icing on the cake today, from a lady at work in the OH&S department. I had to go and remove a BTS that had managed to find itself into a draw, any way, question "How can you like those Steph, they don't even cuddle you"

I think the whole eating you in your sleep comes from too many scary stories as a child. I have a brother that refuses to have his feet uncovered when he goes to bed just in case there's a monster or the boogie man, this is the same brother that still checks the back seat of his car before he gets in... You have a lot of explaining to do Sir Alfred Hitchcock... hahah

I can't sleep with my feet uncovered. Vampires will eat my toes. For starters, I am not scared of vampires, nor the concept of vampires. I am also aware that according to some schools of thought, a vampire would have to be invited into your house or wouldn't be able to come in at all. I also know that vampires do not "eat" toes, and that even if they did, they wouldn't want to chew on my manky feet. HOWEVER, I still am incapable of sleeping with my feet uncovered.

My Mum watched one of our snakes shedding once. She asked me "is he going to be alright?" so I explained the whole shedding process and how it's perfectly normal etc. Then, after seeing him shed, and touching the newly sloughed skin, and touching an old dry one, she asked me "well, why do they kill them to make handbags, couldn't they just use the old skin?"

this is the same brother that still checks the back seat of his car before he gets in... You have a lot of explaining to do Sir Alfred Hitchcock... hahah
haha i never used to do that , until i went to get a pizza one night , jumped back in my car and started driving off , got about 100m up the road and someone screamed at the top of their lungs in my ear whilst grabbing my shoulder , i damn near crashed it scared me that much :oops: turned out to be a mate that saw me going in so decided it would be funny to hide in the back like that , great mates huh

haha i never used to do that , until i went to get a pizza one night , jumped back in my car and started driving off , got about 100m up the road and someone screamed at the top of their lungs in my ear whilst grabbing my shoulder , i damn near crashed it scared me that much :oops: turned out to be a mate that saw me going in so decided it would be funny to hide in the back like that , great mates huh

That would have scared the absolute jeepers out of me, I'd likely have curled into the fetal position and driven up a telegraph pole haha

I like the do you keep them in the house..... Yes.
You mean they all roam around....Yes
And then you sit back and watch them try find a diplomatic reply.

(They don't free roam lol, in b4 I get told off for this.)

The most common i have gotten is, is it poisonous? I have to teach them a lesson on the difference of venomous and poisonous, my first concern of my parents was, will it be able to eat the dog and the cat?. My uncle asked me if i need a tetanus shot when i told him it got my first bite.

That would have scared the absolute jeepers out of me, I'd likely have curled into the fetal position and driven up a telegraph pole haha
it was definitely a heart starter thats for sure , his lucky weve been mates since we where knee high the same guy (with help)also kidnapped me on the morning of my 18th whilst i was still sleeping , he thinks his a bit of a prankster i must say
ROFL, bet you don't leave your car unlocked anymore !
well , i ddooo ....but i have made a habit of checking the back when i get in , well most of the time ;)

LOL I don't think it would have been a 'heart starter' in my case. Probably more like a 'heart stopper'

LOL I don't think it would have been a 'heart starter' in my case. Probably more like a 'heart stopper'
hahahaha i think it was a burst of adrenaline for me , i didnt know what was going on ive never slammed on the brakes and jumped out of a car that quick , it was like a jackie chan move :) lucky it was at night in a quite town and their was no one else on the road , things could of had a much different outcome if there where traffic involved

I have a strange question of my own to ask lol

Okay so I know it might be frowned upon in some cases, but I personally own a hybrid, he's a Diamond X Darwin...
Anyway my question is- has anyone ever seen or heard of this cross breed? I've been looking for others for awhile now, but can never find any or anyone who owns one...
Anything could help, & please don't post negative stuff to me!

Okay so I know it might be frowned upon in some cases, but I personally own a hybrid, he's a Diamond X Darwin...
Anyway my question is- has anyone ever seen or heard of this cross breed? I've been looking for others for awhile now, but can never find any or anyone who owns one...
Anything could help, & please don't post negative stuff to me!
righto , ummmmm for starters , make your own thread :) with pictures , that way you will get more answers and get to show off your snake and you wont be going against forum rules , with the crossing of morelia , id say theyve done just about every cross imaginable , thats why some fools are starting to cross them with other pythons like the recent warpets water x carpet

Warpets....sounds like pets that are in the army :?

image.jpg

Did we hear "Warpet"?

i wouldn't call it strange questions, i'd call it ridiculose questions. which peeve me off.

1, is that snake poisones? and point to my woma or BHP'S
2, arn't you scared they will escape and kill your daughter during the night?
3, arn't you scared its gonna kill you?
4, are you sure it can't break through the glass and come out and attack me?
5, what do you feed it?
6, won't it end up getting out and eating your dog or birds?
7, why do you keep such dangerous pets?
8, why can't you be normal like the rest of the family and keep fish?
9, why does that beardie look like it wants to bite me?
10, did you hear about that snake sizing up its owner to see if it could eat her?
11, did you hear pythons are breeding with ven's?

i could go on and on but thats the first few that came to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back