Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The most common i have gotten is, is it poisonous? I have to teach them a lesson on the difference of venomous and poisonous, my first concern of my parents was, will it be able to eat the dog and the cat?. My uncle asked me if i need a tetanus shot when i told him it got my first bite.
They give tetanus shots out like it's free lollies. I had a motorbike accident when I was 17 fair enough needed one then because it involved barb wire, then when I was 19 I had a bit of an accident which involved melting plastic and my hand (no real injury sustained just a bit of a burn and bruised ego) got another tetanus. Then broke my hand playing touch footy when I was 21 gave me another one. Burned my face with steam bam more tetanus... Surely the hospital had all my records from previous times.... I don't enjoy the dead arm feeling, and they don't believe you when you say you're up to date. They just go oh well better to be safe....

- - - Updated - - -

i wouldn't call it strange questions, i'd call it ridiculose questions. which peeve me off.

1, is that snake poisones? and point to my woma or BHP'S
2, arn't you scared they will escape and kill your daughter during the night?
3, arn't you scared its gonna kill you?
4, are you sure it can't break through the glass and come out and attack me?
5, what do you feed it?
6, won't it end up getting out and eating your dog or birds?
7, why do you keep such dangerous pets?
8, why can't you be normal like the rest of the family and keep fish?
9, why does that beardie look like it wants to bite me?
10, did you hear about that snake sizing up its owner to see if it could eat her?
11, did you hear pythons are breeding with ven's?

i could go on and on but thats the first few that came to mind.

LOL the pythons and vens breeding thing always cracks me up.... I hear it a lot especially when I meet new people.

Got another cracker of a question today.

My desk at work has a lot of pictures, including family and the extended family, so a lot of the snakes are up there, and I have my current avatar as my wallpaper at work. The new apprentice walks past my desk and goes
"So, do you like snakes?":shock:

They give tetanus shots out like it's free lollies. I had a motorbike accident when I was 17 fair enough needed one then because it involved barb wire, then when I was 19 I had a bit of an accident which involved melting plastic and my hand (no real injury sustained just a bit of a burn and bruised ego) got another tetanus. Then broke my hand playing touch footy when I was 21 gave me another one. Burned my face with steam bam more tetanus... Surely the hospital had all my records from previous times.... I don't enjoy the dead arm feeling, and they don't believe you when you say you're up to date. They just go oh well better to be safe....
yep , they sure do i actually had a doctor give me a tetanus at about the age 15 for a surfing accident when he knew from my records i was up to date as i had sustained some nasty 3rd degree burns when i was 12 just to be on the safe side , probably good really( note to all the kiddies out there , spray paint and fires are a very very bad combination , and if you are stupid enough to do it like me , do not get bored after 5 mins and go poke it , it blows up in your face , true story ;)

yep , they sure do i actually had a doctor give me a tetanus at about the age 15 for a surfing accident when he knew from my records i was up to date as i had sustained some nasty 3rd degree burns when i was 12 just to be on the safe side , probably good really( note to all the kiddies out there , spray paint and fires are a very very bad combination , and if you are stupid enough to do it like me , do not get bored after 5 mins and go poke it , it blows up in your face , true story ;)
I should add a note that playing with fire and plastic bottles also ends badly..... hence the burnt hand. Did your burns heal ok? My older brother got 3rd degree burns to 76% of his body. He lived and it was a long time ago but the scars are still there especially on his face.

I should add a note that playing with fire and plastic bottles also ends badly..... hence the burnt hand. Did your burns heal ok? My older brother got 3rd degree burns to 76% of his body. He lived and it was a long time ago but the scars are still there especially on his face.
yea , i was actually really lucky and the way i had my head turned and my body to the side my face didn't cop that much , it was just blistered a bit like really bad sunburn if youve ever had it so it healed fine

my right side on the other hand was what coped it , and the paint stuck and was still kinda burning , i ran for a second then stop dropped and rolled around in the grass but when i jumped up i noticed the skin on my right hand starting to crack like mud (although it was covered in metallic blue paint ) then i peeled a big piece of skin off , that was when i got a bit worried and the pain started setting in so off to hospital it was
it basically got my right arm up to just above my elbow and my right leg from the ankle/shoe line up to just above my knee , theres a guy in my town who copped very bad burns that sound similar to your brothers , over his face and most of his torso so i do consider myself very lucky with what i got away with , from what all my mates said who where there i was apparently just engulfed in a big fire ball for a second and it was the paint that got on me that caused the bad chemical burns i think there called but yes i do have scars on my arm and leg but there fading with age

needless to say , i let others do the stupid crap like that now if they wish and stay well away myself , im not going through the months and months of healing again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back