Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skippii

Reaction score
Hey guys!

So, like many of you, I made a brief appearance at the Castle Hill Expo today. Man it was hot and sticky in there! Definitely some AMAZING animals though. I was so stoked to get to see the black woma in person, also got to pet a sand monitor which really made my day. Sadly, I didn't get to see any shows or speakers, as I was only there for a short while.

Anyway! To get to the point haha.. I couldn't resist adding a new little critter to my small reptilian family. I've been toying with the idea of bringing home a baby bluey or a shingleback for the past couple months, and I just couldn't pass up this little fella!

Screenshot2013-02-10at42655PM_zpse9f73036.png

Sorry they're not the greatest pictures, I was trying not to handle him too much until he's had a chance to settle into his new home. I did give him a really quick soak to help get some remaining shed off his little toes.

Obviously at this age, we can't be sure of the sex, but I'm hoping the little critter is a male, so for now I'm going to refer to it as a him (seems too cold, calling it an "it" for 6 months until I can find out the sex).

He's not got a name yet, I'm tossing up between a few different names, but I thought I'd hop on here and see what you guys think! I'm looking for names that can be male or female. If you've got any suggestions, throw 'em up here :D definitely interested in seeing what ideas other people have.

Ta

x

Wow Skippii he's such a cutie, Congrats on the new addition :) A name how about Jinx or Jinxy?

Thanks! haha Jinx is actually one of the names I'm considering at the moment, I think it's a cute name :)

He was listed in the books as a Common blue tongue, the little fella's a Northern though.

They are likely listed as an eastern.

Northern is just the colloquial term for Tiliqua scincoides intermedia, the northern range counterpart to Tiliqua scincoides scincoides, the common/ eastern blue-tongue.

Nawww! :D So cute Skippii!!!! Congrats :) How about bluey :lol:

The breeder I got him off just had them all listed as common blueys. Pretty sure he's a Northern though. Might have to get some bluey experts in here :p
In any case, he's currently down as a common bluey.

I'd name him Scoot....idk why but he looks like a Scoot :)

The breeder I got him off just had them all listed as common blueys. Pretty sure he's a Northern though. Might have to get some bluey experts in here :p
In any case, he's currently down as a common bluey.

Sure looks like a northern... My group of northerns came listed as commons also... I guess before they actually had a species code and could be recorded in our books, they were just kept as 'Commons'.

I was there today aswell saw the hyper Woma looks amazing almost patternless. Also I bought a diamond jungle jag aswell thought I'd brag

That's definitely an intermedia. Probably listed as a "common" because intermedia are a class 2 species in NSW. Calling him a common bluey would allow it to be sold to a wider market.

I went today, only found out about it this morning:D. I agree it was so hot and muggy.
i wanted to buy so many things but alas I didn't have enough cash :-( I did go home with an central beared dragon baby :D
I fell in love with the geckos as well. The woma was gorgeous!

Hope you had as good a day as I did, bella! Any pics of your new baby? We love pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back