What did yo think of the castle hill expo did you get anything that you really wanted

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rockett85

Not so new Member
Reaction score
What did everyone think about the expo today? Did anyone buy anything special or that they had wanted for a long time????????????????

i had a great time was good fun i loved the black woma and albino macs and i really enjoyed dr gavin bedfords speach on the oenpelli python !

Good show but angry I missed out on a Murray darling I wanted to buy.

it was good to catch up with evey one but it was pretty boring realy only a few herps realy worth stopping to look at ,most you just have a quick look and say yea seen and move on as you see it every where, it need more variety , more colubrides and lizards, pythons have done there thing

They had a nice variety of lizards compared to previous years.

I think it was better then last years, there was more variety then last year and it wasn't as hot as last year too.

i had a great time was good fun i loved the black woma and albino macs and i really enjoyed dr gavin bedfords speach on the oenpelli python !

Black Woma, Albino Mac's..... Gavin giving a speach on the Oenpelli.... Evil parents, I would of loved to of been there, very jealous of you guys ;)
Can't wait for the SOFAR though.

They had a nice variety of lizards compared to previous years.

yes but i know a few breeders they shy away now from shows that have huge skink and legless lizard collection as well as gecko breeders , there is a bloke down the coast that has a massive dragon collection 1000 plus but wont take them to the shows as they are run today , its a shame as most people do see any thing like these guys have ,as they stay away from forums and public do to bickering

This was my first expo, i was pretty damn happy with it. yes it was humid but that is hardly the organizers fault, plus, i bet the other attendees enjoyed it more then we did.
I went looking for rough knob tailed geckos and Hosmer skinks. Some how I totally missed the hosemer skinks (which im spewing about) but got a banded knob tail and an N.L.Pilbarensis that more then make up for it, might even be more satisfied with these then if i got the hosmers.
Sorry for the crap photo but he wouldn't stop moving.
gecko_zps79564ee6.jpg

Last edited:

i had to go half way through the oenpelli python talk and missed out on it really bummed, but on the up side i got a blond mac

Disappointed that Stein Enclosures wasn't there. Disappointed that noone was selling rodents (apparently Rodent Farmer was supposed to be there). Mark and Pias reptiles weren't there this year so not many albinos. Great for hatchies for those that wanted them and some greatly discounted herp supplies though

Mark and Pias reptiles weren't there this year so not many albinos.

Only because we didn't have any hatchies quite ready.I never put any up for sale until they have had at least a dozen feeds and most of the ones I have here are on about feed number 8.

I enjoyed it while I was there. Didn't have the cash on me to buy anything, though put my name down for a couple things that I should be buying soon :) Now looking forward to heading to the penrith show (gives me a reason to head back to Sydney for a few days).

it wasnt too bad . a few of the regulars wernt there either ! tried to haggle a pair of green hatchies for $1000 !! ended up buying a stick insect for my grandson !! at least he was happy .............

it wasnt too bad . a few of the regulars wernt there either ! tried to haggle a pair of green hatchies for $1000 !! ended up buying a stick insect for my grandson !! at least he was happy .............

Yeah thats the trouble with the timing of the expo.It's too early for my liking as I don't sell anything before they have had at least a dozen feeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back