Gravid blackhead question.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warry

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a smallish 3kg female that was paired up to a male December time.
I witnessed 3 to 4 copulations.
My question is when a blackhead ovulates is it in her 3rd part of her body??? I have noticed her swollen at the lower end for around 10 days, getting bigger a couple of days ago and it now seems to have gone down.
Ovulation???
She is always on her warm side and will not eate.
Many thanks.

"Breading" not when you live in the north Hemisphere.

It's never too late for breading, especially if its a nice piece of whiting or dory...

Sounds like it could be ovulation. I would have thought it was a little early in your season for that, where do you live?

Sounds like it could be ovulation. I would have thought it was a little early in your season for that, where do you live?

I live in the uk.
what I thought was a ovulation was not.
As I witnessed it today first time in this sp for me and I was gobsmacked by the size of it.

Good luck with it all. When i counted out the months to convert for northern hemispere I stuffed up my count. Timing sounds about right.
3kg does sound a bit small, 4kg is a typical min weight. Good luck with the season.

Where are the pics of the pairing? We love to see whats going on overseas with aussie species.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back