Black-Collared and Gibber Dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatniumReptiles

Reaction score
I am just wondering if anyone keeps Black-Collared Dragons and Gibber Dragons in Captivity?

Thank you
Platnium Reptiles

I've seen Gibber Dragons advertised for sale so I guess people keep them. I don't know anyone who breeds them personally. Would be nice to know though, so I second the question.

yeah i have seen gibber dragons advertised a while ago i think it was ultimate reptiles that was a whileago tho dont see them advertised very often they are awesome little dragons i hope someone here can help you out would be great to see more of these guys around

Ctenophorus clayii are to the best of my knowledge no longer in private collections in the hobby. To be honest I have been collecting dragons for well over 20 years and have only ever known one individual who had these legally on a keepers permit. The Gibber dragons I think you are referring to that have come up for sale once or twice in the past are not Ctenophorus gibba but the Gibber earless dragon also known as the Smooth Snouted Earless dragon, Tympanocryptis intima. These are also very rare in captivity and extremely hard to find. I have not had these in my own collection now for well over 12 months and am finding them very hard to replace. You never know what is floating around out there in the hobby and who has what but I am not aware of anyone that has legally kept C. gibba in recent times, say last 5 years or so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back