Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
haha, Hoolarious. I am having dealings with the local fraud squad at the moment. Since
we didn't get the thief to sign a waiver saying she would not steal heaps of money, we have no recourse.
It's a joke.

UPDATE..

Hey every one,

So got a letter from the fraud department at the bank on friday and i had a bit of a laugh. It stated that since the recipient of my money did not give them permission to put it back into my account there was nothing they could do about it.... UMMMM obviously! if the the guy ripped me off and I'm reporting it as a scam obviously he not gonna give you permission to put the money back... it wasn't an accident he did it on purpose to steal my money..

anyway!! be careful every one! hope you enjoyed the expo today!

god there are sum idiots around.like the crook is going to give permission to th bank to allow them to return the money he cheated you out of,

Last edited by a moderator:
i hav not read all the replies mate , so if i am repeating something ....sorry.
BUT....... my daughter paid for vertical blinds once ( by bank deposit ) and didnt receive them , so we went to the bank and told them we havnt received the goods and we were refunded the money back into her account . The company had 30 days to lodge an appeal ( if the goods had been delivered ). a month later nothing had been done , so she has her money . Go to the bank ASAP . If they dont do anything about it...... withdraw all your money , close the account and go to another bank .
Oh...... please PM me as i also have mates in the area who may know him and certainly do not want to deal with him in the future

That was a disappointing read :( Guess I've watched too many movies with fairy tale endings, was hoping for a happy ending here too! Still, hopefully the cops get off their rears and do something about this.. It's disgusting, the lengths some people will go to just to cheat others out of money.

Thanks for sharing your experience, I've got no doubts it'll help others avoid the same situation.

Lots of hugs!

x

maybe we can start a business, opening branches across aus and be like "purchasing officers". Before we can be in the job we pass police checks etc. For a nominal fee plus expenses we, the purchasing officers in that area go and inspect the item or animal for sale and converse with the buyer who employed us. If all the checks come out green light and both parties agree the purchasing officer is the middle man, completing paperwork and ensuring the person is who they say they are. They pay for the animal/ goods with your money, put it on the transport or in the post etc. You the buyer had someone who is trusted and licensed or authorised to do the job, the seller is safe in knowing they got the money and the buyer is legit and the purchasing officer got to make a little cash, make contacts etc. I'd be willing to pay someone for peace of mind rather than loosing lots of $$

sorry to hear that, some banks do give the money back. this is just another example of how easy it is for criminals to get away with it.

Hey smiley,

Yeah I asked if he had Paypal and the answer was no :( ... I've purchased Afew of my other snakes from interstate through direct deposit with out problems though.

Anyway any one figure out if we are covered for live animals through PayPal. Some one earlier I'm this thread mentioned we weren't?

you can send payments through paypal even if they don't have an account,you send it to their email but I'm not sure if that covers you with paypal insurance,maybe a bit more investigation is in order

maybe we can start a business, opening branches across aus and be like "purchasing officers". Before we can be in the job we pass police checks etc. For a nominal fee plus expenses we, the purchasing officers in that area go and inspect the item or animal for sale and converse with the buyer who employed us. If all the checks come out green light and both parties agree the purchasing officer is the middle man, completing paperwork and ensuring the person is who they say they are. They pay for the animal/ goods with your money, put it on the transport or in the post etc. You the buyer had someone who is trusted and licensed or authorised to do the job, the seller is safe in knowing they got the money and the buyer is legit and the purchasing officer got to make a little cash, make contacts etc. I'd be willing to pay someone for peace of mind rather than loosing lots of $$

Hey manda, there are so many posts on this thread, but some where on those posts I've already suggested this.. Wanna go partners? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back