What makes an albino darwin "high quality"?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thesilverbeast

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been doing research on albino darwins as I'm looking to pick one up soon. I've seen lots of posts stating "you get what you pay for" etc. with regards to the animals quality.

So I ask, what makes an albino darwin "high quality" and what do you look for in hatchies to give the best result as an adult?

Can anyone throw up some pics of what they would consider both "high" and "low" quality animals?

I think mine is fairly nice and have been told so by quite a few people and she only cost $750. When I picked her she was the ugly duckling now she has a full dorsal stripe with a thin fluro line all the way down her body. Here are some before and after shots. first 2 when I got her, second 2 as a yearling, third 2 a couple of months ago.

Attachments

• Khaleesi2.jpg
    Khaleesi2.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 239
  • Khaleesi1.jpg
    Khaleesi1.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 209
  • khaleesi5.jpg
    khaleesi5.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 198
  • Khaleesi2.jpg
    Khaleesi2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 206
  • khaleesi.jpg
    khaleesi.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 213
  • khaleesi6.jpg
    khaleesi6.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 298
I don't have any photos on my laptop but my girl wasn't the prettiest as a hatchy but she is a beautiful girl now same as my male. Her sisters are also good lookers 2 of my friends have one each. I paid $600 for my girl and $700 for my boy. I think they are the same as any other snake it depends on what takes your fancy when you go and look at them. Just because they are albino doesn't mean that they should be treated any different. Unless you are wanting linage then the high end priced ones with blonde in them then that is what you get. I really don't think it matters what you pay for your snake as long as you are happy with it. I know I am happy with all 15 of my snakes

I think people who selectively breed their albinos for traits and a specific quality rather than those who just buy any cheap animal to breed and sell the offspring make the higher quality.

How the breeder Cares for the animal is important too. Not only the hatchling but the parents. They don't breed undersized females and in turn don't get undersized eggs.

Here are some I bought of Baden.

The first pic was the male at 9months old and the other 2 are the female at 8months.

I sold these regrettably and went to Bali. Kicking myself now there stunners as adults

Attachments

• _DSC1201.jpg
    _DSC1201.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 184
  • _DSC0848.jpg
    _DSC0848.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 175
  • IMAG0356.jpg
    IMAG0356.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 180
I think people who selectively breed their albinos for traits and a specific quality rather than those who just buy any cheap animal to breed and sell the offspring make the higher quality.

How the breeder Cares for the animal is important too. Not only the hatchling but the parents. They don't breed undersized females and in turn don't get undersized eggs.
I chose mine specifically because I could see she would be RP. The fluro line was just a bonus. She was cheap as the breeder had small children and was selling his entire collection except a couple of favourites. Having said that, she was the only one without obvious banding so she was not bred for RP trait.

Here's one

DSC_0304_edited-1.jpgDSC_0305_edited-1.jpgpost shed 1.jpg

and he is high...high...high....:)

I picked Ess from an egg and he rewarded me with being first out, first shedder and first eater. What a bloke!

Mine is also from baden, a sibling of the ones Woody posted.

Then:

and now:

Any photos of how yours turned out Woody? they looked like nice high yellows like their mum. Also, I've gotta agree, selectively bred albinos are the future of albino darwins. You can already see some exceptional examples like Fay's girl from Ramsayi, animals like her stand out from the crowd.

Here you go Sara,

Not my photo's these were found on the facebooks of the people I sold them to.

Attachments

• 535993_296569390415445_718592351_n.jpg
    535993_296569390415445_718592351_n.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 141
  • 534770_10150775319015610_13635217_n.jpg
    534770_10150775319015610_13635217_n.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 135
Quality isnt just how the animal looks either, Beauty is subjective, so one snake might be ugly to one person and attractive to another. Quality for me means the snake is healthy, appropriate size, eats well, good nature and has been cared for by the previous owner or breeder.

Hamish

so this is my albino he has nearly full dorsal stripe and is reduce pattern he has spots down the whole side of his body its hard to show his amazing colours !DSC_0563.jpgDSC_0551.jpg

This is mine that I got off Ramsayi on this site.

P1030328.jpg

As a baby.

IMG_0052.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen that albino so many times and still impresses me. Very nice.

Thanks for the replies! Some beautiful darwins there!

As per my other thread I got this one the other day... excited to see what it'll turn out like!

69609_10151262827516268_1948760726_n.jpg

563324_10151262828616268_827749370_n.jpg

Mine is also from baden, a sibling of the ones Woody posted.

Then:

and now:

Any photos of how yours turned out Woody? they looked like nice high yellows like their mum. Also, I've gotta agree, selectively bred albinos are the future of albino darwins. You can already see some exceptional examples like Fay's girl from Ramsayi, animals like her stand out from the crowd.

Just wow... Absolute stunner! I'd kill for one of these... *looks around suspiciously and hides a knife behind her back*

Really though, gorgeous snake, and great photographs

x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back