Beardie hatchlings advice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moimac

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi there, we have 4 hatchies that have about a 6 week age difference. They are in the same enclosure. The littlest ones seem a bit skittish and are not feeding as well as the other two larger ones. Would I best to separate them now or just separate them at feeding time so the smaller guys actually get a feed. Also they love the crickets and meal worms but aren't really interested in fruit or veges. Should we be cooking the veges to soften or is grating enough?

Sometimes smaller ones will get Bullied and they will go off their food.. i would always feed them seperate so he gets enough, and if he is still getting bullied and not eating id seperate him completely.
You do not need to cook the veges, they will eventually start eating them, just keep offering. Try some Bok Choy and dandelions.

separate them NOW if the little one are skittish they have reason to be ......the bigger ones will soon start to pick on them and bite off bits of toes and tails...thy will even eat the smaller ones or at least attempt to...

best to seperate the skittish ones right away, some will refuse to eat if you only seperate them at feeding time and need to be away from the dominant ones completely.

dont cook the veges, grated is fine, it will take a while for them to start eating them, i always offer veg 1st thing and leave it there, then feed insects in the afternoon

Great thanks very much. We have 2 enclosures knowing that we would need to separate them eventually but didn't think it would be quite so soon. They are doing really well otherwise. Now we are getting our cricket breeding program happening we should almost be sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back