Help anyone

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure, but if you Google "stargazing snakes" there is a TONNE of info on it... sorry I couldn't be more help, not sure what I can/can't post in regard to links :)

No one will be able to tell you for sure from those pics, either post a video or describe his behaviour. But chances are it is just exploring the edge where the two planes of glass meet.

if he only does it for a very short amount of time probably not but if its constant or repeatedly displayed i would check you temps and then see a vet.

Just after posting this thread he started climbing up the walls of the terrarium and upside down on the roof that seem s strange but I guess it is possible that he is just exploring the enclosure. But we have had him for a month and a half and I thought he would be past that stage.

My woman is constantly climbing up the glass and trying to get to the roof so I doubt that's a reason to worry.

Ive got a 3yr jungle and 4yr old Intergrade that does this nearly every arvo until it get darks...They lean their heads on the glass for a short period and once its dark they stroll there cages..totally normal to me..

I don't know if your talking to me or jbest but I keep him (or her) in a 90x45x30 terrarium

Trying to find an escape route- they don't grow out of it, it's what they do :)

Is the snake alert when you disturb it? Can you tap on the glass and get its attention? If so, then it's not stargazing. A snake that is stargazing is unaware of it's surroundings.

All snakes lean upwards and backwards when investigating their enclosure. Some may even topple backwards occasionally. That's not stargazing.

Just after posting this thread he started climbing up the walls of the terrarium and upside down on the roof that seem s strange but I guess it is possible that he is just exploring the enclosure. But we have had him for a month and a half and I thought he would be past that stage.

To be honest looks perfectly normal. My woma at night time is generally scaling the glass......he has an ample thermal gradient and heat mat set to 32.

Guess I have one who is just curious and loves being out, especially at night.

My MD does that too, and all of sudden "clunk"...he's fallen over backwards, provides me with better entertainment than the tv! :)

Is the snake alert when you disturb it? Can you tap on the glass and get its attention? If so, then it's not stargazing. A snake that is stargazing is unaware of it's surroundings.
Ok cool thanks for the help and I have seen him fall over back wards once and it was pretty funny

Is it ok to use windex one the glass panels in the enclosure or are the chemicals harmful to the snake?

My woman is constantly climbing up the glass and trying to get to the roof so I doubt that's a reason to worry.

No offence jbest, but I'm glad I'm not your woman!

OP my stimi's do the same every night..... they never seem to get bored

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back