Can snakes go travelling?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Davesgonefishin

Not so new Member
Reaction score
This may be a dopey question but....If you were to go away for the weekend & your hatchling lives in a click clack, could you load it into the car & take it with you? Or would the vibration of car travel, temperature changes in car etc stress it out to much & this is why snakes get left at home?
I mean you see the guys that travel around displaying their snakes at schools & at public events so would this not be similar ?

You need a different licence "as such" to travel with your snake. Technically they are not allowed to leave the premises where they are housed.

I would think those rules would apply to all the states. I know in Vic reptiles are only allowed to travel to the vets or after it has being purchased, to its new home. But don't worry, they don't get lonely and can deal without food or fresh water for the weekend quite easily. :)

Of course...i just send a nasty pair of Jungles away on a plane trip until they behave...They no where they live and shall return by taxi...

Why would you seriously even want to! Maybe you should buy a cat, or 10! Lol

you really need to read the laws in regards to licenses... the same is said really for ANY animal on a license unless your a zoo or a mobile display. Really log onto your local authorities website and have a read. Please. All of you

Now I gotta go break the bad news to poor Alby. Sorry mate I guess you cant come fishing at Lake Tinaroo with me this weekend......
& "cat or 10"? Hes's not big enough to eat cats yet - lol

Technically it is usually illegal to travel around with reptiles

But apart from that is not that easy to do on a long haul
The snake has to be in a bag
No other option works long term
Main reason for the bag is to stop whiplash type injuries on braking
Secondly is temperature control
Inside a car thats moving is usually ok and can be maintained around 30c
But the minute you stop everything changes
Depending on the position of the bag and the angle of the sun
that temp can skyrocket very very quickly
eg; hot day stopped for gas for 10 minutes with windows shut while you get a drink
40c+++++

Also movement of the car encourages them to crap everywhere

So while we might enjoy bringing snake for a drive
quite often its not good for them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back