belly up

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cadwallader

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys have a tricky one for you all, a picture tells a 1000 words what is the go in the picture... weird

Attachments

• 574606_4745622998589_1426217673_n.jpg
    574606_4745622998589_1426217673_n.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 153
a complex idea can be conveyed from a single image? is that a pair of spotteds? with the female ovulating or something?

Last edited:
Normally when a snake goes "belly up" they are a gravid female. However in that picture it looks like its dead.
Snake can also do weird things, every one of them has an individual personality, maybe it likes being belly up?

I forgot to add, when a female that is gravid goes belly up, it doesnt look like that. They keep their head normal not also the wrong way up.

My stimmie girl often does this, first time I came out in the morning to find her on her heat tile that way I ended up giving her a nudge with the hook just to make sure she was still alive.

Is it a roughy? My female did the exact same thing around a year ago. She was 100% NOT gravid and scared the crap out of me.

She corrected herself on touch. Vet next day, no neuro problems, fine muscle tone, no spine or rib damage, probably just a comfortable position.

I have umpteen 2ltr sistema tubs with hatchies in them. they get under the paper.........often they are upside down when I pick up the paper off them...probably just feeling comfortable. Do you always sleep/ rest in the same position?

this is my male, he likes to show the girls how to do it? his head was up the right way then the female moved he fell like that, so i took a picture :) no mating has occurred yet, so he can't be gravid ;) i was interested to see what comment came from this, and yer i did poke him as the dead thought crossed my mind lol

My female woma was doing this last week, her head was on its side as well. It scared the bajezuz out of me, had to give her a poke and make sure she was alright. She was going into shed and I can only assume she was more comfortable on her side.

She has shed now and is back to her normal 'I want to eat your face.' self.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back