Very hungry Stimpson...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pegasus

Reaction score
Hi all,

was wondering if anyone can help... i have a stimi who is 4yrs old now, over the years ive had the usual not eating spells etc but the last month or two its like she cant get enough... shes always hungry and waiting for food.. in the last week ive fed her 3 times (2 large mice for each feed)!!! Normally i would only feed her once a fortnight..

has anyone every experience this before? i dont want to over feed her, its just in the whole 4yrs ive had her shes never acted this hungry before...

here is a pic of willow tonight, waiting for a feed.. even tho she had 2 extra large mice yesterday!! any advice would be great thanks

2013-02-14 21.43.18.jpg

looks kinda like a spotted, but maybe you can try her on rats? they should fill her up

2 extra large mice isn't much food for a snake that big (judging from how big it looks in the photo), give it 4-6 mice or a rat of equivalent weight and see if its still hungry.

Think ya self lucky as my 3 stimis r all off there food and we not even out of summer .... Mine eat more in the spring.... God stimis r a pain at times lol

Could she be trying to put on weight so she can have kiddies? Do snakes do that at all before breeding season?

My god :eek: 4 years old and still on mice :p Mine are on Hopper Rats :) And have been since they were 10 months old. I feed mine rats one week and two chicken necks the next. Makes the food last longer and keeps them going :)

lol my spotteds are on one adult mice a week and breed every year with clutch sizes of up to 16, any more food and your wasting you money imo ;)

She's bulking up in the warmer months so she has enough weight to breed :) My eldest female stimmie was insanely voracious this time last year and again this year :)

I agree with the above- you should be feeding her one big meal weighing approximately 20% of your stimmie's weight. My 3 year olds are on weaner rats and they get 1 per week. One big meal is better than many smaller meals :)

Actually she does look a bit like a spotted and as I can only go on the one that I have.. well.. I think she would eat every day if I let her. She gets 2 hopper rats a week and still thinks she is hard-done by lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back