breeding 2yr old with a 3 yr old

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZackBeaven

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi everyone ill tell you my life story so i have 2, 2 year old bredli pythons i bought a while back and was told theyre were a male and female pair but i was a little sceptical so i took them to a herp vet today and he said they are 2 males, i know someone with a 3 yr old bredli female so my question is would there be any problems breeding these 2?

From my understanding,
Provided they're both sexually mature and of good size. (Especially the female).
There shouldn't be any issues...
But it is important to note that it may take as long as 4 years old for a python to reach sexual maturity.

I have often read that sexual maturity is more related to size than age so my question is what whould be good breeding sizes for both male and female Bredli??? Don't wish to hijack but I thought this info may also help the OP.

Female Bredli at best conditioning at about four years of age, males at at least 3 years...

If your male Bredli is at breeding size at the age of 2 you must have been power feeding. Also why do you want it to breed? The market is that flooded with Bredli and they aren't worth much. They usually have large clutches, are you prepared to take care of up to 30 babies while trying to sell them for next to nothing? Seems like every man and his dog is breeding the poor old Bredli and they aren't worth anything anymore.
Just my 2cents.

If your male Bredli is at breeding size at the age of 2 you must have been power feeding. Also why do you want it to breed? The market is that flooded with Bredli and they aren't worth much. They usually have large clutches, are you prepared to take care of up to 30 babies while trying to sell them for next to nothing? Seems like every man and his dog is breeding the poor old Bredli and they aren't worth anything anymore.
Just my 2cents.

Nothing wrong with only incubating a few of the eggs. Breeding is great fun and a good experience for anyone. I love the excitement of seeing them lay, seeing them hatch.

That said I doubt if you are asking these sorts of questions that the OP has enough knowledge and research to be able to breed anytime soon.

so id like to add its not about the money at all and yes i do have the means of taking care of as many hatchies as a snake could give. would like to add i have done alot of research but nothing i have found has delt with this issue at all so i figured id ask some more experienced people thanks for any constructive advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back