Massive Reptile collection Lost to Fire

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TURBO8

Reaction score
Hey all . Just picked up my local paper to find out the a man at Warriewood (Northern Beaches Of Sydney ) lost his collection of over 300 snakes and pythons to a house fire this week. Was wondering if it was anyone from the forums . My deepest condolences go out to him ! And am going to try to help this guy out any way we can ! Such a tragic loss !

Hundreds of snakes killed as fire rips through Warriewood garage | thetelegraph.com.au

Last edited:
OMG Thats horrible. If i lost my special girl i would be heart broken, but to lose my whole collection... :(

This a close friend of mine and I helped out quiet often there. This person is not on the forums but it is a massively devastating loss for him after many many years of hard work. We had recently worked together on cool jag project together and sadly everything has been lost. If you would like to help him out with this tragic loss PM me.

Chin up buddy, were all thinking of you.

That must be so devastating. I don't know what I would do losing one let alone that many. I am so sorry for his loss.

I'm sure u'll come back bigger and better mate. We all feel for ya

RIP to all those gorgeous snakes mate. I am so sorry you had to lose of all them :( Hopefully you'll be able to re build your collection....I wish I could do something to help :(

That's so sad to hear about the massive loss, I can't imagine what he is going through, it's absolutely devastating :(
RIP to all the snakeys that he lost :(
Em

Cannot even begin to fathom the absolute sadness and devastation at loosing so many animals. Absolutely tragic and my sincere condolences

Yes it was an electrical fire.

:( So sad.... Poor animals and owner.
Please everyone check your wiring particularly your power boards. Partially plugged in plugs are very dangerous. Also don’t DIY your wiring. It may work for 5 years perfectly with undersized cable or incorrect wiring procedures. But eventually it will fail.

Snowman - An APS sparky

Last edited by a moderator:
Its so true about the wiring. i had done a viv bank myself and a sparky mate changed it one night for me while we were having a few beers. Thats my worst fear.

Is he going to start over again? will insurance cover it??

You can't help but take a minute to ponder the loss of life. Poor snakes. Losing a collection to fire has to be a snake or lizard owner's worst nightmare. My condolences to the owner.

that is horrible. I would have nothing to live for if that happened to me. My deepest sympathy to the owner.

i doubt any insurance covers reptiles, as i have asked around and they are happy to ensure the enclosures but not the reptiles. hopefully he is insured and gets money back for his home and possestions.

i feel so bad, i love my reptiles so much and i'd be shattered if anything happened to one of them let alone all of them. my heart goes out to him. those poor snakes.

i think someone more computer knowledgable than me should start a fund raiser for him, i'd be happy to donate some money or even a reptile once he is on his feet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back