Snake in Sydney

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this bit: "At this time, the serpent became defensive and launched towards the face of a police officer,” police said. "This intimidating behaviour did not discourage police from completing the task at hand.
That’s how we roll in Surry Hills.”

I hate this bit: "As he reached under the seat, the snake cowardly retreated to the back section behind the seat into open territory which favoured police,” police said.

Why dont the police take on the drive by shooters and the drug trade something that would show they have some "family" jewels instead of crowing about defeating a reptile.....holey schmoley :) solar 17

"Police contacted the NSW Wildlife Information Rescue & Education Service (WIRES), but were informed it would take some time before they could attend."

They should have called Sydney Wildlife then... I'm a kilometre away during working hours..

Anyone else missing the funny aspect of "no charges will be laid against the serpent for unlawfully entering a vehicle" How funny.
What a stupid, misleading article. Not encouraging to people who are already not keen on snakes. Typical journalists.

Well, I found it a refreshing article. All the usual "killer snake" references and comments like "even two bulky men struggled to hold down the childrens python" were absent. Instead, the writer used humour which put the situation in perspective and didn't try to turn the snake into a monster. Good on Simon Black!

Hear hear, markannab. It was done with a sense of humour AND you got the Latin name at no extra cost. Even the police were being gently tongue in cheek about it. The journo even finishes by urging people to call WIRES if they have a 'snakey problem' - doesn't that make for a nice change? Of course, whatever any journo or cop does, they'll still get kicked.

Last edited:
Hear hear, markannab. It was done with a sense of humour AND you got the Latin name at no extra cost. Even the police were being gently tongue in cheek about it. The journo even finishes by urging people to call WIRES if they have a 'snakey problem' - doesn't that make for a nice change? Of course, whatever any journo or cop does, they'll still get kicked.

More a reason to not call WIRES.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back