Tiger jungles or super tiger jungles?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AUSGEX

Not so new Member
Reaction score

Hi guys I have just recently both 2 hatchies jungle pythons and I was just wonder if they would come under tiger jungles or the super tiger jungle I picked them up cheap Atleast I thought I did lol if someone could pm me and let me know what they would be worth that would be appreciated, I hope to breed these guys down the track

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 351
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 279
The word "Tiger" refers to the Neville James line of tiger carpet pythons in America. I don't understand why people refer to striped carpets as tigers in Australia. There is absolutely nothing tiger like about their striped pattern.

The Tiger striped term should be reserved for wide stripes that are heritable or more predictable. Season after season producing tigers, what you have there might just be a fluke, if you breed normal animals you'll get all types of things pop out of a clutch sometimes but you breed those your get wild type....it's similar to Rp term cp.com as long as keepers know what your talking about and the name sounds cool and its always being used, your wasteing your time questioning it. even if it doesn't make sense when you think about it....

Last edited:
Ohk well thought I was buyin your average jungle and they were these and from what I've been reading and studying they resemble the super tiger jungle I would post the website but is t it against site rules?

To Ausgex , that looks like a really nice super tiger pattern to me.
Congrats on the new additions.
The Tiger and Super Tiger pattern description are used for a Co Dom trait in Reticulateded pythons also , long before Neville James used that name as a description for a striped pattern trait in Carpet pythons..
At that point in time Neville also said the trait was Co Dom . That's since been proven to be incorrect......
The mode of inheritance for striping in Coastals and Jungles is more than likely Polygenic..
Just some additional info to consider etc .
Cheers Roger.

Some further reading on Tiger striped pattern inheritance for jungle Carpet Pythons.
Rogers Reptile Pic's :: Tiger Striped Jungles

Last edited:
Luckily I will call my heritable line of genetic striping what it is, from the start. No need to confuse them with the lesser form of polygenic striping.

Yes, luckily we all have the ability to name things for what they are. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Luckily, peoples views on what constitutes a 'lesser' animal differ, or there wouldn't be enough oxygen in the room :) They look like they will turn into great breeders for you AUSGEX.

Hi guys I have just recently both 2 hatchies jungle pythons and I was just wonder if they would come under tiger jungles or the super tiger jungle I picked them up cheap Atleast I thought I did lol if someone could pm me and let me know what they would be worth that would be appreciated, I hope to breed these guys down the track
How much they set you back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back