Massive Reptile collection Lost to Fire

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Wally and Snowman. An extinguisher might not have helped in this particular case, but it's probably a good investment for anyone with wired-up enclosures.

Looking at that chart, the dry powder looks more versatile than the CO2. I will go to Bunnings and check them out. Would you go with Powder ABE or BE, Snowman?

I've just got an ABE in the snake room. It's like $27 at bunnings, small price for something that hopefully you never have to use, but handy to have on hand anyway.
Even though I am an electrician by trade I still do not trust my heat cords, thermostats and power boards 100%

I've just got an ABE in the snake room. It's like $27 at bunnings, small price for something that hopefully you never have to use, but handy to have on hand anyway.

Cool, thanks. $27 is not too much at all when you consider it might save your house from burning down, along with all your reptiles.

Even though I am an electrician by trade I still do not trust my heat cords, thermostats and power boards 100%

Probably wise.

Hi everyone it is truly amazing all the support everyone has given alex in this devastating time. I am a close firend of his and he is truly truly touched by how everyone has come together during this time and needless to say the loss is heart breaking for him after many many years of keeping and breeding his snakes and they were truly his LIFE!!!

Alex has asked me to post this message on his behalf:
I am deeply overwhelmed by all the support and encouragement from the reptile community and its so great to see everyone pull together through these hard times and reminds me how great our hobby really is! Its the support like this that has given me hope and makes it bearable. I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart.......... Regards Alex

That is horrible. I live about 2 minutes from there and have friends who live within 200 meters of where it happened. I really fell for all the animals and him. Hope he can keep moving forward in such a tragic time.

Banner for donations is now up on Reptiles Down Under
Dig deep people!

@ Rockett85 & Alex, im still lost for words with such a tragic tragic loss .... my thoughts are with you during this very difficult time. I can imagine that your world has been shattered, but try to keep strong and have faith!

I would b happy to donate a pair of hatchlings for when you are back on your feet again, drop me an email to discuss further. Thanks Luke

So sorry to here about your loss mate.
Hang in there i would be more then happy to give a donation to help you and to get you collection back up and running again.
Good luck mate and i hope everything gets back on track for you soon.

Regards Caleb.

That is so horrible, I'm nearly shedding a tear to hear this. My heart goes out to him.

Hey Rocket85, I hopefully will have a few clutches at the end of the year from Diamonds, coastals and bredli, Alex is welcom to a few when they are ready.

My woma was bred by Alex. I got her at the Castle Hill Expo. Her parents were lost in the fire and I was devastated to hear the news.
I look forward to doing something with Alex when my girl reaches breeding age.

I was selling my Jungle Female which Alex came up to Newcastle (met him in Lake Maquarie) and didnt realise he was the same person that lost all of his snakes... Until he told me after he paid for her... It's really sad when you work so hard for something and it to be gone in a matter of seconds/minutes/days etc.
I really feel for him.
He gave me some awesome advice for getting my Bredli yearling onto rats though, which worked a treat :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back