omg ants... i hate them.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andy1990

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey, today i came out to say hello to my turtles and i was stunned to see ants have eaten away all the silicone at the joints of my 6 foot tank and made some sort of nest in the corners of the tank.... i couldn't believe it so i killed them all which made me a little bit happier but now if i fill my tank up to the top it leaks, so angry. so if everyone could kill every ant they see around there tanks to prevent this from happening to any other people that would be a good idea!

Last edited by a moderator:
As Wokka pointed out in another thread about ants. they are a important part of the circle of life. (no lion king)
I recently had them invade my cricket tubs and found that using a spray bottle with a mix of peppermint essence and water, that it deterred them from the areas sprayed. After spray the trails and bases of the tubs periodically for a week I no longer had a problem.
I should note I vacuumed all offending ants on sight.

I had meat ants destroy a large flexarium, cut half of one side up into tiny little pieces... and it was empty! I just put it on the front lawn to clean the veranda

I find leaving the kitchen a mess usually draws them away from my tanks however have to deal with the mrs and explain y I left such a mess after she jst cleaned it is a hard choice haha

hey, today i came out to say hello to my turtles and i was stunned to see ants have eaten away all the silicone at the joints of my 6 foot tank and made some sort of nest in the corners of the tank.... i couldn't believe it so i killed them all which made me a little bit happier but now if i fill my tank up to the top it leaks, so angry. so if everyone could kill every ant they see around there tanks to prevent this from happening to any other people that would be a good idea!

sounds like u need a Moloch horridus (thorny devil) such a great ant eradicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back