Self Injecting of Snake venom.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah its called adrenalin, you would too if you were holding those snakes :)
I would say that this guy most likely does not get all to much of an adrenalin rush from hold these snakes after doing the same thing over 20 years. What is most likely the cause is that his nervous system as taken great damage from the dosages he has been injecting.
Cheers Cameron

Don't know if everyone gets the same google ad running at the bottom of the video but when I watched the clip it ran an ad for tafe courses, found that hilarious considering the lack of education from this tool. With no proper notes/records of administered amounts/reactions etc, lack of medical monitoring equipment etc there is very little that can be gained from this mans study. What does really concern me is his testing of possible performance enhancement from venom, prooves that even though he is claiming the best of intentions he is easily tempted to explore the darker side of drugs/medicines. Some people have said that he is only harming himself but someone under the effects of snake venom weaving in and out of traffic is at great risk of causing harm to innocent people around him. Even if someone running this tool over is not physically injured themselves think of the psychological damage caused.

The comparison of this guy to Bill Haast is a bit of a joke... You can be sure that Bill didn't mix venoms and then have a crack at it to see what would happen, you can be sure he would have documented, BEFORE injecting, what he was injecting, how much and he would have had someone there to ensure that there were no majorly adverse reactions... And as far as saying that this guy is a pioneer, yes he is... If you ever get bitten by a cobra x green tree viper x eastern brown x whateveryoucallit you can call old mate here and ask him what his findings were..... Guaranteed that he hasn't written down a single word regarding what he is "researching".... It's like a heroin addict shooting up in the name of medical science and asking them to share their medical / scientific findings.....

I see worse idiots and tools then this bloke every weekend at the pub. And every day driving on the roads.

What?? You never taken a risk? Those of us that keep hots are taking a risk, and thought of as idiots and weirdos for doing that from some members of the public, what's the difference here? Hypocrites!

This may be way off topic guys but just curious as to why they haven't invented snake venom vaccines?

This may be way off topic guys but just curious as to why they haven't invented snake venom vaccines?

The best vaccine is educating people about how to behave when they come across a snake. Ignorance and stupidity regarding venomous snakes is deadly and unnecessarry.

Probably one of the most interesting videos i have seen in a very long time lol

Have not posted here in a long time,but Vice has really gone down hill in recent months,alot of their recent videos are quite stupid, this guy may be an idiot,but with the calibre of some of vice's staff now (I'd say some much less intelligent than he seems),I highly doubt its the full story or that intelligently put together,it has gone from interesting documentaries,to some pretty mindless crap recently,this is actually one of the better things surprisingly. I do remember some others in the USA doing the same thing,in the hope of possibly developing a vaccine for 3rd world countries or something along those lines,but I do not think they were mixing venom's and also one guy who claims to have developed an immunity to black mamba venom.

Alex_c I would say you are referencing to this guy about an immunity to black mamba venom.
[video=youtube;2S9EmAXoB1E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S9EmAXoB1E[/video]
This guy is also attempting to try and develop a better and cheaper treatment of snake bit in 3rd world countries. He also mentions in this video that he was going to travel to Sudan to deliver a talk about snake bite and what to do. Now unlike 0 a lot of these people who are just injecting venom in attempt to become immune and hoping it work this guy has been studying what the affects different venom components can have on his body.
Cheers Cameron

Guy injects himself with snake venom

Getting High Injecting Snake Venom - YouTube here is a link o a fairly long video that is really quite interesting and amazing. A 48 year old man intentionally injects himself with a variety of different snake venoms and he has been doing it for 17 years or something. Tell me what your opinions are on this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back