Jungle Python feeding.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my jungle is 18 months old, but only 65 cm, feeding on fuzzie rats. pretty sure it should be about twice its length by now. it has no problems feeding that i know of. what should i do about it?

my jungle is 18 months old, but only 65 cm, feeding on fuzzie rats. pretty sure it should be about twice its length by now. it has no problems feeding that i know of. what should i do about it?

Give it 2 fuzzie rats

Don't be so confident. Snakes can die from eating food that is too large and it does happen.

Yes, ofcourse. I didn't mean that you should feed your animals rediculous size meals and all will go well, I more meant in relation to the weight values I gave, people seem to think their animals can't eat something because it's too big when in reality they are probably underfeeding their snakes.

You are right though.

Just a question.. How do yous guys actually weigh your snakes ?

Absolutely I do. Not every week but maybe 2 or 3 times a year.
I also record the weights and lengths so I can track the progress and map that against animals of the same species.

My Jungle is 11months old and feeding on 1 Fuzzy rat and One Hopper mouse every week. I need to bump it up to 1 Hopper rat though.... She's a bit small for her age but large bodied. She's about to shed any day now!

Bes way is to weigh your snake. You don't want to be over feeding as mentioned ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back