How much would you pay??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rox.n.Lix

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

(this is not a "for sale" post so please dont delete it mods :) )

Just wondering if people would pay for a professionally sculpted background such as the one shown here. If so, how much? Just trying to do some market research.....

Cheers,
Roxi

Attachments

• IMG_1028.jpg
    IMG_1028.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 337
What are the dimensions? And maybe a better photo of the background too, I like the roots but couldn't really comment untill I seen the texture and truer colour and that sort of thing.

Unless its mass produced I dont see something like this coming cheap. For the labour involved I would rather have the enjoyment of creating one myself.

But if you find there is a market I would based my price on $30-40 a hour plus costs on materials used.

Thanks nonamesleft. I guess thats what i was wondering. For everyone else there are more photos on my profile photo album (i think...). the dimensions are irrelevant as it would be scultped to fit, and with the theme of your choice. Perhaps i should have specified that. My sister made mine. She has recently returned from NZ where she has been sculting for The Hobbit movie set. She has also worked on Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader, Where the Wild Things Are and various other things. She sculpts out of polystyrene with a special type of cement overlay that includes the details being built up out of this concrete.
Here is the album on my facebook of the construction of mine. Mine has been built directly onto the wall of my enclosure, but i would recommend to her to do it onto a pice of ply that can be inserted/removed at will, so you would provide dimensions of this.
Facebook

I don't know about others but I'd consider the dimensions being critical in making a decision on how much something like this is worth. For price I would be looking at similar competing products already on the market, and then I would approach a large shop that caters to upper end of the market (one of those high priced shops in an expensive suburb) about making some bulk purchases.

I've dabbled in small online ventures catering to "forum people" with products that are in high demand, when push comes to shove most "forum people" baulk at the idea of spending money even after saying they would definitely buy it. Anyways that's somewhat off topic but thought it might be something worth you considering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back