Fake grass?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofoula88

Reaction score
Hi was looking into possibly using that fake grass for mmy hatchlings and was just wondering where to get it from. Bunnings? And about how much does it cost?
Thanks

Clarke Rubber have Astro Turf. Not sure on price sorry, its a per metre price but im not sure how wide the roll is. :D

Bunnings do. They have a few varieties though and so a big variety of price. Ranging (I think) from roughly $35/sqm - $75/sqm

IMO i'd go for something quite short, for ease of cleaning. Make sure it's not to rough for the snake, particularly the bottom as some snakes do get under it and on some, the bottom is fairly rough. Drainage holes are always good but not necessary. Also get at least 2 cut so you can rotate them when they need cleaning.

Maybe marine carpet might be easier.. I'm just thinking of all the pinheads and dot want to mmake it harder for them to catch if they can hide anywhere

If you do go the Bunnings route ask if they have off-cuts. A couple of weeks ago I got an off-cut that was estimated about a metre, it's much more than that, for $10.

I used fake grass for a while until I found bits of it in my ewd droppings. I changed over to something called indoor putting green. Its more like a marine carpet with rubber backing. I find it has done the job for me for a few years now. I use it with adult dragon through to hatchlins, bought from bunnings at about $15 per mtr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back