Blue Tongue Skink Throwing up?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaws07

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, was giving my blue tongue a bath tonight and he drank a lot of water (as he always does)
But tonight after he was finished in the bath, he threw up a sticky, clear liquid?
Would this just be because he drank a lot quickly? just wanting to know if i should be worried is all?

Thanks guys :)

Yeah probably just didn't wash down properly.

Try not to feed him the day you bath him, or to let him drink too quickly.

.. you do realize bathing a blue tongue is completely unnecessary unless its had a terrible shed right?

.. you do realize bathing a blue tongue is completely unnecessary unless its had a terrible shed right?
Well I like to give him a bath at least once a week to keep him/make sure he is properly hydrated. Also he seems to love having a big drink and soaking up the water.

You wouldn't believe how many times i've found blueys down in the creek having a drink and a swim on hot days.
They love it!

is he all good now?
i bathe all my lizzies too, its not like they get the opportunity so get rained on or find creeks to swim in,...

You guys are just plain weird. Where do you get these stupid ideas from? Obviously clean it up with water if it's covered with faeces or whatever, but the notion of bathing a reptile when it's not necessary is just bizarre, unless it's a water dragon, Merten's monitor, or a large python which will sometimes seek water to support their weight.

Which stroke do blueys use - Aussie crawl or butterfly when enjoying a swim on hot days - do their families picnic on the banks while the kids have a paddle?

Jamie

lol, weird, but beats the hell out of getting home to cages smeared from top to bottom in poo,..and the associated stench,....urgh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back