help bad egg??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darken

Reaction score
hi im a first time breeder i have a clutch of 15 coastal carpets all viable (verified via ultra sound at karringal vet) . i am now at 50 days of incubation and one of my eggs seems a little off in comparison to the rest. not too sure what to do any help would be amazing.
( as you can see via the photos it is separated from the rest)
should i pip or leave it until the frist snake pips on its own?
as i said im very new at this read heaps and heaps but nothing beats experience.
please please help

803953_10151771629219546_1706776544_n.jpg

mostly worried about the "wet patch" which has beads of moisture

803389_10151771630039546_899008985_n.jpg

Looks dead. Hold a light up to it. There will probably be no veins.

there are pink veins but not as bright as when they were first laid.
when she laid her eggs they were all candled and showed bright red veins why now after 50 days would this egg die?

Ive had eggs that look like that still hatch.. i only remove them if im 100% sure they are dead.. Usually because they start to smell or become slimy.

im lucky its already separated not to keen on moving it now that im so close to the hatch date.
im worried that the rest could turn out the same?

Seeing as you're so close, I would leave it. As long as it's separate (which it is) it shouldn't affect the other eggs and may as well try, you never know? Could have and albino coastal... Ok maybe not but whatever.
Best of luck!!! Soo exciting!

If there are still some veins i would leave it but keep a good eye on it for mould developing. If mould develops candle it again and if it did still show veins you can use tinea teatment powder on the mould to kill the mould.
Some eggs can still hatch in a terrible external condition.
The fact that the eggs are dimpling means that the hatch date is near. I also find that my eggs dont candle as clearly in the latter stages of incubation.
If you do chose to pip the eggs yourself. Wait till the first egg pips and take great care when doing it and sterilse the equipment first.

Our eggs this year looked heaps worse. The two that hatched was wet and moldy for a month before hatching. I wiped the mold off every second day a wiped with f10 twice. So I would for sure leave it be, only if it smells with NO veins left I would take it out. Also you should be pretty close to hatching by now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back