Jungle hatchling feeding.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rob8290

Hi guys! My jungle hatchie (about 2 and half months old) is currently feeding on three pinkie mice (could be to much?) and he is growing quiet well so I am going to up his feed size to one larger meal rather then three smaller and was wondering should I get him onto rats as soon as possible or should I up him to say, a hopper mouse then start to get him onto rats in his next upsize? I would appreciate productive advice on anything I am doing wrong rather then sarcastic criticism. Cheers!

i would move up to fuzzies then as he gets bigger get him onto rats so your not spending that much on lots of small rodents in the future

i would move up to fuzzies then as he gets bigger get him onto rats so your not spending that much on lots of small rodents in the future
Cheers! How many fuzzies should I feed him per feed? I'm unsure of his weight but he is approx 45-55 cms long

maybe try one fuzzy see how he goes ,see if he has a decent bulge also how often are you feeding him?

If it's taking three pinkies at a time, you should be moving up to one hopper or even a weaner per feed. Apart from the fact that they are a more appropriate size, more developed rodents will offer more nutritional value.

The first feed my jungle hatchies get are fuzzy mice so id probably move your hatchy up to at least that..
Also try and get it onto rats as soon as you can, i find it can be a real pain to get jungles onto rats.. at least in my experience.

I am feeding him every 5 days. I also heard jungles are difficult to get onto rats so I will get some decent sized mice into him then begin to get him onto rats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back