A biggun from Littlehampton.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Varanus

Removed this RBB from under a fishpond in Littlehampton (SA). Nice to see some big old fellas around the place. Thumper head on him.

Attachments

• Big RBB 015 [1600x1200].jpg
    Big RBB 015 [1600x1200].jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 175
  • Big RBB 017 [1600x1200].jpg
    Big RBB 017 [1600x1200].jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 183
  • Big RBB 023 [1600x1200].jpg
    Big RBB 023 [1600x1200].jpg
    150 KB · Views: 197
Very nice. its great to find the big old fatties like this

It's hard enough being the dominant species and living in suburbia, imagine how hard it would be for these "satan spawn". He would have a few survival tricks up his sleeve (if he had sleeves).

Almost makes me want to move back to SA when i see RBB's like that old fella, we used to get some absolute thumpers out at Smithfield Plains when i was there..................Ron

He's a beauty IV. Are those depressed scales on the neck normal or is that where you caught him with your teeth????

He's a beauty IV. Are those depressed scales on the neck normal or is that where you caught him with your teeth????

Just an old warhorse I think, Steve, though I did have to ease him out from between some rocks around the fishpond. The home owner videoed the whole process, but won't put it on facebook because of the language she used when I tailed him onto her patio:)! I might be able to get a still off her though of his size? Over the 5 ft mark and chunky also. His head was as wide as both my thumbs side by side (but "pics, or it never happened"...right!).

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like your havin' a right old time over there with your rbb's. ;D Good to see they're still around! Lovin' ya threads!!!!

Go back to that place we went for a walk. That guy I saw was just as thick and chunky (maybe even more so).
Nice one tho. Maybe the ones from Armidale are crappy small ones : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back