MAGGOTS on my eggs Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cadwallader

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
My sports have around 2 weeks left of incubation and have just found maggots on 2 the eggs what should i do no idea how they got in the incubator secure and tubs inside secure how should i get rid of them??

Firstly what are sport eggs...as GeckoJosh explained i would change the substrate,is the incubator seal proof,if so how did the flies get in...

change substrate, clean the container and the inside of the incubator and put them back in. try to work out how the flies got it so you can stop them getting back in.

Spotted eggs*
i incubate my eggs over water no substrate used inside a tubberware tub that is inside a foam box, i have picked around 10 maggots off the eggs with tweezers hope the hatchlings are ok has any one had this before?

will check again as there are some tiny ones :/

yer one egg has gone real dark over the last few days they are all deflating but kinda not use what will happen now just going to have to wait and see hopefully they will pull through :)

Best of luck! Hope everything goes well ;) Fingers crossed for you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back