I'm sick of the hole boring business

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch, hope it didnt take the hole day..

Did you do that with a soldering iron? Phewph, stinky.

Not so stinky, then. Is there any risk that the plastic will crack?

yeah but the drill sucks too, no matter how you do it the hole thing is a pain in the hole.(you know witch one)
But the drill doesn't have the same personal effects as the soldering iron, which is about a healthy as a cheap lombok cocktail!
What you can't see from the photos is that only one face is completely drilled. There are two drill lines on the sides near the drilled face and nothing for the rest of the cage. Undoubtedly some disagree strongly with this and cry "UNCLEAN, UNCLEAN" and "SHE TURNED ME INTO A NEWT" but it works for me.

Sometimes the drill will make a crack from one drill hole to another but they don't pose a security risk.

BTW - Woolies is having a sale of systima(?) products at the moment and the seven litre tubs are selling for $5 instead of $12

It too easy to get impatient and push too hard when drilling and crack the plastic...man I hate it when that happens.
I get pretty over it when I do mine, I also use a countersink bit to take the hard edge off the holes as the womas have a tendency to try and dig their way out through the holes. I do this to keep them from rubbing through their scales and a little bit for me as the little daggy bits that the drill leaves annoy me...oh the fun of having a dose of OCD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back