Bit cheeky of me.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

montysrainbow

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I cant keep up with newspaper supply for my coastals enclosure so i have started grabbing a dozen papers from outside our local realestates office at a time. It says FREE :lol:

It's probably better to ask your local newsagent to give you bundle that's due to be recycled. That's what I do anyway. There's much less coloured ink in broadsheet newspapers such as the Sydney Morning Herald, as well as being a bit better for the environment.

Call or go to your local newspaper office. Asking they have any stub or butt rolls they word sell or give you. Ask what they do with their "white waste". We give ours away and sell the rolls for $1 an inch. That's quite a bit of paper for a few dollars.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

My mum hoards newspapers....I have a whole bundle/stash of the sunday mail and the advertiser ;)

It's probably better to ask your local newsagent to give you bundle that's due to be recycled. That's what I do anyway. There's much less coloured ink in broadsheet newspapers such as the Sydney Morning Herald, as well as being a bit better for the environment.
I thought that newsagents sent there unused newspapers back for recycling so they could get a refund or something like that. Sounds like a good idea by Buffcoat though.

I thought that newsagents sent there unused newspapers back for recycling so they could get a refund or something like that. Sounds like a good idea by Buffcoat though.

Thank you, the only reason I know to do this is because I'm a printer by trade and work at a newspaper lol. We do it all the time.

Before I used aspen, I used to grab the MX paper they give out at the train station lol.

Thank you, the only reason I know to do this is because I'm a printer by trade and work at a newspaper lol. We do it all the time.

HAHA! im in the printing industry also!!!! IM a Graphic Artist, but the shed i work in does books from start to finish :) Im guessing you work on a Webpress? We use 3x sheetfed presses... They only problem i can see with a Realestate Magazine (as we do some at my work) is that somethimes it will be coated with a varnish, (when applied to the magazine this stuff stinks like hell!) and has high amount of ink on them. i would try and stay with the local newspapers if possible, as the magazine will take a while to soak up the fluids passed by the Coastal. However the newspaper gets straight to business :)

lol thanks for the advice guys. I will prob just stick to grabbing a dozen each fortnight on my way past as its easier that way and dont worry its old skool newspaper - no gloss.

All our pet stores have signs up around here asking people for newspapers so im thinking its not that easy to get? or they are not aware of the news agents having spare? either or im not being greedy lol there is always HEAPS after i take a few :) its just convenient and i get to keep a close eye on the property market at the same time lol.

I never forget when we moved from the country to Brisbane as kids mum and i were shopping and one day i saw her casually walk up grab a copy of the trading post and walk out lol i was like MUM! are you going to pay for that!? lol only to have her reply What? there free i always get them :lol: that was the last time she did that lol i soon informed her that they were not free and she felt so bad.

HAHA! im in the printing industry also!!!! IM a Graphic Artist, but the shed i work in does books from start to finish :) Im guessing you work on a Webpress? We use 3x sheetfed presses... They only problem i can see with a Realestate Magazine (as we do some at my work) is that somethimes it will be coated with a varnish, (when applied to the magazine this stuff stinks like hell!) and has high amount of ink on them. i would try and stay with the local newspapers if possible, as the magazine will take a while to soak up the fluids passed by the Coastal. However the newspaper gets straight to business :)

Yep, Goss Urbanite offset. Quite old, Ive had to do copious amounts of work on it.

we get newspapers delivered at work, I have a box set up in the tea room saying "please put old newspapers in here for the crazy animal people", so me and one of the other girls (she's a crazy bunny lady - wierd) have all the newspapers we need :)

we get newspapers delivered at work, I have a box set up in the tea room saying "please put old newspapers in here for the crazy animal people", so me and one of the other girls (she's a crazy bunny lady - wierd) have all the newspapers we need :)

lol u should hit your weird work friend up for some snake food :lol: ( im joking lol )

the newsagent only need to send back the top part of the paper... where the date is.... so they can credit for ones not sold.....otherwise recyclers come and pick up bundles of paper,magazines to be recycled......so yes,go ask your local newsagent if they can supply you some,its only worth a question.

But the Real Estate papers are already full of poo so you snakes actions would be redundant!?!?! :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back