Spotted Pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake01

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guy's I just acquired my first 2 baby spotted pythons yesterday. I would love to here what everybody has to say about what the most perfect enclosure should look like, (I would love to go naturalistic).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I see a bunch off you have read the post but no reply yet.?? I live in SA. (Forgot to mention that the first time around) .

Any suggestions would be help full, at the moment there cage is a 15L click clack tub. But I need suggestions for there adult cage. Thanx mates.

Have a bit of a search through the forums mate and check out DIY. Plenty of different options and no correct answer. Just make sure the enclosure covers the snakes basic needs, is secure and fits in with what you are thinking..

What SniperCap said. And take your time - if they're babies, there's no need to rush to get an adult enclosure set up.

I have a Spotty girl that is 9 weeks or so old. Her home will be a 7 litre Sistema tub until she is about 6 months old, at which point I will probably relocate her to a larger tub, before considering her 'lifetime' enclosure between 8 and 12 months of age.

Size and design of her lifetime home will depend on her size.....I have a 45x45x45 Exoterra that I may put her in at 8 months and see how she goes later on, or depending on her size at 8 months I may hold off and get her a larger enclosure and move her in at 12 months.

I am in no hurry....She is young and very happy in a clear tub where she can see us at the moment. I will let the future decide her final enclosure.

Thanx for the replies this far. Yes I know they are still very young, but as I said I want to go naturalistic for there life time cage so starting off early will insure everything is working and all plant have settled in and is growing nicely by the time I move them in.

There are a couple of ways to go with natural looking enclosures, you can use artificial plants which can look very good and are easy to move and clean or you can go the bio vivarium route with a living floor and plants, from some of the research I have done it takes a fair bit of work to set up and maintain.

Bio vivariam is the way I want to go, that's why I am gathering any and all good info I can get on the subject. I also have done quite a bit of research on the subject, and think it is more then reasonable to go threw all of that planning and extra afford, for my snakes. Seeing as I want to keep snakes and if and when possible I want to give them as close as possible the most natural environment that I can! Ending in my thorough enjoyment of there most natural behaviour!

Naturalistic or natural? There are no shortage of naturalistic options in the DIY section and in the recent enclosure competition. I like the idea of a hydroponic/natural enclosure I just wonder about cleaning and maintenance???

Thanx for the reply's guys. Natural, viv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back