Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danischi24

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So I'm coming in from overseas (where I have the sweetest pastel royal/ball python) to Victoria. I have an 8kg dog & a new evil landlady.
I have actually had snakes eat friend's pets so anyone who denies that a snake would do that, is flat out wrong. Looking for something too small to get the dog if push came to shove & just for peace of mind. The dog is trained to leave snakes alone. I'm not much into biters after a viper bite a few years ago & I usually have my snakes near my face so something docile is needed. My pastel cuddles in bed with me. I'm thinking up to 1,5m should be safe but suggest away. What breeds fit the bill? Every time I think I like a breed, I see these photos of them looking like mini anacondas. I want a real snake though, not a worm so from about 90cm-1m minimum.
Please advise.

If you're after cuddles in bed maybe get a boy/girlfriend or a teddy bear ? I'm sorry, but I don't believe any breed of snake "fits the bill" for that purpose.

Of course, JMO.

Haha, I have both rob72. But I like to read in bed at night with my sweety around my neck or in my pjs in winter & he appreciates the body heat. My boyfriend couldn't care less by the way ;-)

I like blob snakes. Was considering a GTP because of that til I saw their teeth :shock:
I had our kind of tree snakes as a kid & I spent my time recovering my snake from across the room every 5 min. Even my ball can disappear into the underside of the sofa fairly quickly when the mood strikes him & then it's find the snake time again. The Murray pics I've seen look pretty big. Don't like the BHP or Womas-I like a real python head shape. Just discovered the spotteds. How much does a Burmese colored morph go for?

A Burmese coloured morph spotted??? I'm confused. Spotted come in a variety of browns and tans.

The Mt Isa/Dajarra Carpet Pythons currently being advertised by the Worley's in the For Sale section could be worth a look?

By the pics they have a lovely pattern and only grow to around 1.5 metres.

i think these are fairly rare though.....have not seen anybody else advertising them.

New country, might be time to change it up to a nice cuddly monitor.

I am sure that they would make great bed buddies.

I want a Frilly too, so he can take on the monitor's cuddle role :p
I grew up with giant monitors & was taught to be wary of that powerful tail.
I see that snake ranch has Burmese colored spotteds. Is there anyone else with them too?

I read that article awhile ago but they don't mention size so I decided on an albino Darwin until one day I saw a photo of one being handled & had to fall back on my 2nd choice of a stimmie. I think now I've cut it down to a Pilbara or Wheatbelt Stimmie or a blonde or Burmese Mac. Still want a GTP, just not sure if I feel like dealing with the price tag & teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back