Woma not eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drake84

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just getting the feelers out for some advice.

My Woma python has just refused his 2nd meal in a row and I am not sure what to do now.

Both meals were at perfect temperature and a week apart but he just looked at them and refused to eat. I thought maybe meal 1 was too large so I went down a size for round 2 but he still wasn't interested. I left them with him in his feeding container for a little while but he is still not interested.

Anyone know what my next course of action should be? Temperatures are fine in his home, nothing has changed.

Cheers,

Drake

Also, he's definitely not shedding...

How old is it? What are your enclosure temps?

I had trouble with my male Woma regurgitating his food for a while and about a week ago i checked the temps and they where a little low so turned them up to 35 degrees and gave him a few days in his new temps and then gave him a feed and he has kept it down so far i read on another post about woma regurgitating and some that posted said he keeps his adults at 35 to 36 degrees and hatchlings at 36 to 37 degrees so if your temps are lower than these temps turn them up give him a few days even a weeks in the new temps and then try him again.

Caleb.

^Agreed^ Although womas can be kept at the same temps as other pythons (31-33deg) i prefer to keep my womas slightly warmer (34-36deg) as long as the snake can retreat to a cool end that stays at ambient room temp, the hot spot can be quiet toasty and your woma will love you for it

Not to freak you out or anything, but my woma stopped eating for 10 months. He took his last rat in late April then went into his winter wind down. When spring came, all my other snakes started eating like maniacs, but not the woma. Months dragged by and even though he was alert and didn't seem to be losing any condition, I started to get a bit antsy. I tried bumping the temperature and varying the food - quail, mice, rats with a bit of brain smeared on them for good measure, chickens, chicken necks. Jeez, I even tried a fish once out of sheer desperation. And then the other weekend, cool as a cucumber, he ate a rat. Now he's back to being as food-focused as the next woma...

^Agreed^ Although womas can be kept at the same temps as other pythons (31-33deg) i prefer to keep my womas slightly warmer (34-36deg) as long as the snake can retreat to a cool end that stays at ambient room temp, the hot spot can be quiet toasty and your woma will love you for it

Totally agree, I have noticed with my Womas that when they are 'warmed up' they display a lot stronger feeding response and become even more excited at feeding time. What are your temps and how old is the Woma?. Also if the Woma is young they can become stressed so I would not be moving it to a seperate feeding container.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back