My 1st elapids - Golden Crowns

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice golden crowned snakes, are u hoping to breed them in future?

I keep mine in tubs on top of my Woma enclosure, I have the tubs in the middle so they receive a slight amount of heating from the warm end, pretty much they are kept 2-3 degrees above the ambient on one side of their tub, the rest is kept at ambient temps.

Ah sweet, I will have a spare 2 foot enclosure soon that I was going to house a hatchie striped hypo coastal in, though I've always wanted golden crowns. So might use it for a pair of crowns instead.

How many elapids are there now? are they like Night tigers? (venomous but as much harm as a bee sting?)

There are a fair number of elapids out there, I have a YFWS and hoping to get a golden crown, they are pretty much in the same category as the night rider; venomous, but considered harmless (unless you have an allergic reaction).

There is a pair on RDU at the moment for sale, I am contemplating purchasing them I just don't have setup finished yet So they will probably get sold before I am able to buy them.

Ah sweet, I will have a spare 2 foot enclosure soon that I was going to house a hatchie striped hypo coastal in, though I've always wanted golden crowns. So might use it for a pair of crowns instead.

There are a fair number of elapids out there, I have a YFWS and hoping to get a golden crown, they are pretty much in the same category as the night rider; venomous, but considered harmless (unless you have an allergic reaction).

I was meaning how many Geckojosh has haha. Whats a YFWS (all i can think of is Yearling Female Windorah/Wheatbelt Stimson haha) How many elapids are pretty much harmless (unless you have allergies)

Thanks,
Nellynake :D

I was meaning how many Geckojosh has haha. Whats a YFWS (all i can think of is Yearling Female Windorah/Wheatbelt Stimson haha) How many elapids are pretty much harmless (unless you have allergies)

Thanks,
Nellynake :D

I only have a couple of GC's, they are the only elapids i own, for me owning dangerous elapids just isn't worth the risk.
OH YFWS is Yellow-faced Whip Snake, they are a class 1 elapid

Oh cool. I don't have anything venomous haha. I have 2 womas, 1 jungle, 1 bredli, 1 stimson but soon to be added is a nice looking night tiger or something haha.

do you have a favourite ven? (worldwide) mine is a cobra :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back