Spoilt......

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JosPythons

Not so new Member
Reaction score
The new outdoor playpen for my babies.......chook pens can be useful for other things lol :)

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362120712568.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362120712568.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 120
  • uploadfromtaptalk1362120892754.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362120892754.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 126
Whats it for??? But it is a nice enclosure, would be a nice outdoor enclosure for a lizard or large snake.

Awesome :D I'd use it for my rats lol :p

What are you using it for? It looks great!

Very nice :) A word of warning though, those type of enclosures are not dog-proof. I've learnt that the hard way :(

Thanks disintegratis......my pooch has learnt the hard way to stay away from my snakes.......he got a little close one day when I was walking around with my coastal and she left a couple of nice teeth marks on his snout.........he keeos his distance and admires from afar now lol

That is an amazing looking enclosure/chook pen. What kind of snake are you putting in there?

Justin......I'll be putting any one of my 4 snakes in there. It's just so that can have some quality outdoor time :)

They are great for chooks, not that great for snakes.
Think about building a base for it so that the wire isn't at ground level.
Like a box of plywood 600mm high to sit the base of the avairy on. Wire isn't very snake friendly, especially at ground level.
Snake avairies are, ideally, built in a way that the snake can't rub against the wire, which means the bottom half solid wall, and big enough for branches or trees that they can climb without being able to reach out and rub their faces on the wire.

ive got my BD in one of them and she loves it even puts herself in and out of the 'nesting end', this is a picture of it set up but i dont have one of her actually in it on my computer, hubby has some photos of her hanging off the wire :lol: she even sleeps like that on mild nights

P1000248.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back