new DIY gecko vivarium

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BDkeeper

Reaction score
hope the picture works :) tell me what you guys think about it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 222
What are you planning in keeping in it?
I reckon is has lots of potential with some thought out vivarium planning. How are you going to heat it?

with a normal globe coming out from the left side and im gonna keep a thick tailed gecko or a smooth knob taile gecko

Wouldn't use a light for a a thicky or Knob Tail - no need for light as they are nocturnal and will hide away as a result.
Maybe consider a heat cord/mat on one end of the bottom with thin ceramic tiles covering it and then sand on top of that. Hook it up to a thermostat, set the temp and your set. The tiles stop the geckos digging down and hitting the heat cord/mat itself.

nah dont really care to much if they don come out during the day the night is probly when i look at my reptiles the most because im so bored but would a light work to heat a knob tailed

nah dont really care to much if they don come out during the day the night is probly when i look at my reptiles the most because im so bored but would a light work to heat a knob tailed

NO. Bright light will stress them out.
You were told this in the other thread.
Use a heatmatt on a thermostat.

really i didnt know that do you NEED a thermestat for the heat mat or can you just test it before

If you leave light on in the enclosure you won't be seeing anything as they will hide away. I'm just offering setup advice, it is up to you if you listen or not.

Ok will preferably want to use a light but if it stresses them out would use a heat mat

You can get them from pretty much anywhere. There are a few online stores that sponsor this site, maybe check them out.
Also make sure you get a decent thermostat, don't risk it with cheap imported ebay junk.

Avoid lights source at all.... I won't even use the "night lamps".
I can't comment on that Thermostat as I haven't used those ones before.

Maybe another member can advise on how good these are?

i would but the cost like $70 and why would you when you can get the same thing for like half the price :) thats what i think anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back