Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i got there at 730 and left at 530 hahaa i was stuck there all day!

there were loads of small pythons up for sale very few larger ones! mainly B&W jungles B&G jungles darwins and coastals!
i saw heaps of dragons for sale! about 4 stalls had them you had to be blind not to see them!
heaps of turtles and blue tongues! only monitors i saw were Ackies and Storrs i think!

there was a 3yo MD that i wanted to get but was gone in the first hour!

fer castle hill tho!

there was a 3yo MD that i wanted to get but was gone in the first hour!
I bought the MD, I am happy with the look of it however it's temperament leaves a lot to be desired. Owner stated its fairly calm and has never bitten, it smashed me yesterday when I put it in its enclosure & strikes at anything that moves lol. Hopefully it calms down once it settles in. So much for MD's being placid.

I had a great day. Met lots of great people, and answered lots of reptile keeper questions - even though I was pimping our Aspen :D I was surprised though as people with purchased animals in their hands would ask me what to feed them. I thought that was information the seller would provide at the sale?

There were some great looking stands and some very high quality animals available. Obviously they were all sold in the first hour.

Well done to the organisers and the Hawkesbury Herp Society for another successful Western Sydney Reptile Expo.

I bought the MD, I am happy with the look of it however it's temperament leaves a lot to be desired. Owner stated its fairly calm and has never bitten, it smashed me yesterday when I put it in its enclosure & strikes at anything that moves lol. Hopefully it calms down once it settles in. So much for MD's being placid.

had a feeling you would of got it! wasnt there long! it looks just like my female thats why i wanted it! breeding loan haha

I was the young guy standing with Lisa and Darrin at Top End Pythons:) Was a good day

Attachments

• 417666_10151271798917413_1645194971_n.jpg
    417666_10151271798917413_1645194971_n.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
this was my first time at Penrith,I have been at Castle hill for the past 2.
I also was disappointed at the shortage of lizards,there were a few beardies (nothing spectacular)some tiny water dragons,a few cute cunninghams and several geckoes and a couple of different types of blueys,nice variety of small snakes but once again nothing impressive.
The kids weren't the only annoyance,several times I was trying to take a photo and some adult would just walk in front of me and stand there talking ****e.

did you guys miss all the lizards?
There was
eastern beardies
central beardies ( orangexyellow/yellow/normals) some of them had massive parents
eastern x central hybrids
mountain dragons 30-50
jacky dragons 30-50
water dragons 20-40
central netted dragons 75-100

eastern hooded scaly foots 300/pr for yearlings
One tree skink 100ea
king skinks 250ea
2 young hosmers 200ea
northern blues 60ea for babies
eastern blues
black easterns 500-700
blotched blue tongues
shinglebacks from $150a
egernia depressa were $1350/pr
cunninghams 60-70
lots of knobbies, 2 or 3 velvets
some ackies 270ea

prob more i cant think off
adult green tree snakes $300ea

Last edited:
Yeah two of them were in a big tub they were $400 ea at start by lunchtime 300ea and i left around 1.50 and both of them were still there.

Wow.... wish I could have one, my favourite snakes (along with the BHP and Jungles)
Amazed they were still there.

Last edited:
green tree snakes not pythons two different families of snakes

green tree snakes Dendrelaphis punctulata (colubridae) family
green tree python Morelia virdis (pythonidae) family

Last edited:
Alot of the expo sellers don't come on sites like this because of all the crap that goes on
They just have loads of awesome stuff and are usually pretty cheap

Yeah, glad I am going to SOFAR
Hoping to make it to a few of the others next year - castle hill and illawara mainly.
For those that did attend all the expos so far, what was good and not so good?

Gee, some people really are hard to please......huge array of reptiles for sale as far as I am concerned. I don't know what more they expect. It was a top day....and huge congratulations to all the organisers.

People sorta forget the huge effort that is put in to make a day come together like that. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back