Diamond help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skadoosh

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My diamond has become aggressive and active all of a sudden. every time she striked it seemed like a feeding strike so for her last feed i fed her two fuzzies instead of the usual one and she chomped them both down quickly but she is still showing aggression curiosity and very active, she has been like this for about two weeks now and it's starting to worry me. Her temps have been fairly hot lately but it has cooled down to a good temperature around 23-30 room temp and about 26 inside the enclosure. any ideas on what's going on? 2013-03-03 20.45.37.jpg2013-03-03 20.46.06.jpg

How often do you feed and how old is your Diamond skadoosh?

usually one fuzzie a week but last feed was two fuzzies, not actually to sure on the age i have had her about 5 weeks now and she hasn't shed while i have had her but i don't feel like shedding is the problem. She is only young though i know that

Seeing as they hatch around feb, that snake is either a yearling or a slow grown two year old. It will take adult mice or hopper rats no problem, 2 fuzzie ?? whatevers, won't be enough.
Its a very hungry snake!

Do you know what she weighs? My diamonds slam huge meals when you look at their sizes. Go for 15-20% of their body weight in a feed. I'm guessing might be hungry. My little girl gets like that if I don't give her enough. She would be about the same size as yours at a guess (hard in a photo) but I'm feeding her small rats x2 per week and where I get them small rats are not really small

Alright i will up her feed even more but when i got her i was told to feed her what i have been once a week, and she started doing all this after i fed her if that helps at all.

What you are giving her is kind of like an appetiser, she gets all fired up and hungry but nothing else comes. See how she goes if she doesn't want it she won't eat it :)

so do i have to wait another week before trying to feed her a larger meal? because i miss playing with her, she is so pretty.

She will be fine with another feed right away Skadoosh...

i fed her another mouse and she is still acting the same, i don't understand how she could still be hungry? i am kind of scared of over feeding her, is that possible or will she just not take the food?

Yeah thats right, they stop when they are full. What is happening is that with the warm weather diamonds become very active. It is their time to smash food and feast as much as they can before it starts getting cold. Diamonds really only have a 4-5 month feeding season so when things warm up and they get hungry they go for it. Many people are shocked that their placid puppy dog tame diamond gets all bitey all of a sudden, but it is the season for them to feed up and the warm temps gets them active to do so. They switch right on.
They don't want to be patted, or handled or cuddled... they want mice and rats, and a place to digest in peace.

So should i just keep feeding her until she decides she is fat enough? because i have fed her three times the amount of food the person i bought her from told me to feed her.

Oh thanks Sezzz!
Hey skadosh how much does your diamond weigh? Put it in a bucket with a lid and on some scales and then just weigh the bucket, and minus the bucket weight from the bucket plus snake weight.

yeah i put a towel over the enclosure after i feed her and just leave her for a few days. so should i keep feeding her or just up her feed every week while she is still hungry?

Ideally, we'll get you feeding it the right size food item and then you just give it one every 6-10 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back