Coastal hatchies wont eat !!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

madusa

Reaction score
:rolleyes: My coastal hatchlings refuse to eat, they hatch out 16th January im sure they should be eating by now i have tied a few things i have read up on still no eat ... grrrrrrrrrrr

They obviously have had there first shed?
what is there heat like!? It's not unusual for a few to be funny with there food but not the whole clutch!

unless they are loosing weight fast i wouldnt worry too much they will be living off their egg yolk, as mentioned make sure the heat is right, and just keep persisting

Hatchies can go months without a feed..Its surprising that none have fed yet..Majority of the time some may be fussy but the whole clutch..Make sure temperatures are good and disturb as little as possible...What have you tryed...Make sure the rodent is warm and offer the snake..night time is a good time to try..I had a coastal that was a fussy eater..however he ate without any issues after i tryed a weaner mouse..I suggest you try different sizes of rats-mice..even leave the rat-mouse is tub overnight...Patience is the key with hatchies...Dont keep stressing them out...if they dont eat after 5-10minutes leave alone again til 5-7days then try again..

they have had there first shed around a week to 10 days after hatching ,, i have tried feeding night time , day time ,pinkie mice,pinkie rats ,done the brain thingy and chicken stock still nothing ,Temp is around 32 c . Most of them do not hide love to up and at night time they are all out and about all over the place .. i do have them all intogether in a vavarium about 70cm long x 40cm deep .. they seem to love it in there , as i said they dont hide.I have also put one on it own and still not eating .. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I bet if you seperate them all into their own small click clacks they'll eat for you...

They're probably all stressed from being kept together and in such a big tank. How many are in there?

Put them all on their OWN on heat matts at 35c and they will soon eat.

ok thanks for the info everyone i will seperate them all now , see how i go fingers crossed

Breeding snakes is easy... getting some of the fussy ones feeding is the fun part :)
Did your research lead you to keeping all the hatchies together or was it just a case of necessity?

there was 21 to start with , was a case of have to keep them all together , and none of them hid in hides loved to curl up together and all of them cruise at night , awsome to watch ,, non seemed stressed .. 21 out of 24 not a bad hatch ;).. and now have 6 childrens hatch out of 7 .. can anyone give me info on these little guys , they are 5 days old .. cheers :D

Last edited:
27 click clacks isn't bad. You'll be able to fit them all on a few shelves.

thanks Snowman , is humidity a problem because there seems to be heaps now in the containers sitting at 35c

Well im sorry VIXEN and anyone else i have annoyed :| , just asking for help is all .. they are my sons he is heaps busy with family and work and asked me to incubate , i have done lots of research but some say this some say that .. if you dont wont to help thats up to you .. thanks to those that have .. cheers :lol:

thanks Snowman , is humidity a problem because there seems to be heaps now in the containers sitting at 35c

Put more ventilation holes in. I only get condensation when they poop. Also keep the water at the cool end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back